PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2008, 06:53 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Stupid Keyboard...

I just got a new replacement phone the other day after having my phone stolen.

This phone has a completely different feel from my last Mogul. The keyboard is very unresponsive. I would try to type, and if I hit the keys too lite then alot of times nothing would happen. If I hit them too hard then the mogul may enter the character multiple times.

Anyone else have these kind of issues? It's become very annoying and i'm thinking about calling the insurance company back for a new one (although I feel they'll give me the same crap.)

edit: I've tried the XV6800 Keyboard fix and disabling the word prediction.

Last edited by brushrop03; 10-07-2008 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Stupid Keyboard...

I would certainly call them back and ask for a different unit with the KB acting like that. Do it NOW before your 14 days run out
Old 10-07-2008, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PRO& BACK UP DIAMOND!!!!
Carrier: SPRINT SPEEEED

lcbster is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to lcbster

This happened with me to i got 5 refurbs with the same problems until they just gave me a brand new one
Old 10-07-2008, 03:14 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I went back to the store and they're sending me another one in a couple of days. The guy said that its been happening to all the new and refurbs

If it happens again I'm requesting a different model or else I'm done with Sprint for good.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:59 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You should wait for the Touch Pro!
Old 10-08-2008, 11:33 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

Yea my keyboard been giving me HEIL!!! For the pass few months and I tried dealing with it. But I can't take it anymore. None of the KB Fixes works so I'm going to the sprint store with service repair n get an replacement I have insur so it should be a free. I'm not gonna wait til dec to try to get an touch pro for free I already pre ordered mines I just want a working mogul is that to much to ask for?

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 10-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

C-DuB2233 is a n00b

Well, my Dad and I both have moguls, and ours were perfect until downloading the WM6.1 ROM from the sprint website and since then certain characters such as "P" or "M" show up three or four times in a text message.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-DuB2233 View Post
Well, my Dad and I both have moguls, and ours were perfect until downloading the WM6.1 ROM from the sprint website and since then certain characters such as "P" or "M" show up three or four times in a text message.
Wasnt there a fix for that on UTStars' site?
Old 10-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

ecrawshaw is a n00b

I'm having similar problems with WM 6.1 except with O's and A's. All my text messages look like rap lyrics... yooooooou
Old 10-30-2008, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

The Lance is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to The Lance Send a message via MSN to The Lance

well if someone has the fix for the keyboard I would like it cause mine is doing the same thing.. who knows maybe i'll take it to a sprint store and have it looked at.. maybe they'll give me a new one

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan