PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2008, 06:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

Coho is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My Mogul rainbow screened itself

Hi. After a day at work I came home to find my Sprint Mogul in rainbow screen with the following message: Tita100 spl-1.04.000 serial. I have never done any ROM updating. I've only added a few programs in the past year of owning this thing, and nothing within the last few months. It has been slightly screwy lately by turning itself on spontaneously, but no other weirdness. I've taken the battery out for about 10 seconds and have tried multiple soft resets with no luck. It would be just freakin' awesome to be able to boot back into my normal phone and be able to save my Pocket Informant PIM and my contacts. Short of that a hard reset or return to Sprint for a possible replacement, I guess. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks to all your helpful replies.
P.S. I know this subject has been beaten to death here, but most solutions are those dealing with ROM updates. I found a thread dealing with a guy whose phone had similar issue after being left in the sun too long, but I can't find it again :- (.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: SprintPCS

the_goldentiger is keeping up the good workthe_goldentiger is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to the_goldentiger
Re: My Mogul rainbow screened itself

weird, I know this happens only when you reset the phone using the power button. camera button and the reset,
but did you try pushing just the reset button?
Old 07-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I think this may be your Titan rejecting that screwed up stock ROM so it is sending you the message to upgrade it. LOL. Just kidding there. Have you tried running the exit bootloader progam? I know it is made for people who get stuck while upgrading but stuck is stuck and it may get you out of that screen witout loosing your data.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

nick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

uhh, yeah exit_bl should do it. just uncheck the allow USB connections in activesync, then run the exe. thats a really odd issue though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Ditch Doctor

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Coho did it work and did you save your data?
Old 07-19-2008, 03:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Threadstarter

Coho is a n00b
Talking Re: My Mogul rainbow screened itself

Wow!! Exit bootloader prog worked like a charm and all my stuff is still there!! Thanks folks! Medic, You may be right about the default ROM swirling the drain; maybe a ROM transplant might be in order :- ). Up until now I didn't even know ROM updates existed. I don't have any experience messing with phones, but am comfortable under the hood of my PC. Can anyone tell me what the pros and cons of updating to Sprint's newly released ROM vs. updating to a custom ROM might be? Please consider my inexperience with PPC tweaking in your responses. Thanks again all, for giving me back my phone!
Old 07-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Ditch Doctor

The newer ROMs have enabled the GPS. The have also upgraded the OS to Windows Mobile 6.1. Since you have Sprint I would just download the latest release from sprint and put that on your PPC. Then if you want to read up on custom roms then do so. I love making my own ROM's because I can burn all my email settings and programs right in and when I have to hard reset, it only takes a few minutes and my phone is right back like I like it.

By the way you will need a USB cable and active sync installed to do the upgrade.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: cricket

thickhipsjuicylips@yahoo. is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to thickhipsjuicylips@yahoo.

i have a similar problem for no aparent reason my fone just does the innitial load then once its on it cycles into a mode of soft resetting. then i think its on 4 good n i take a call n bam it doez it again. i loaded a new rom and it stopped for a few weeks now its doin it again please help!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 08:23 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Try reflashing a ROM and if it doesn't work after that flash a stock ROM and relock it and take it in for warranty.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMedic View Post
The newer ROMs have enabled the GPS. The have also upgraded the OS to Windows Mobile 6.1. Since you have Sprint I would just download the latest release from sprint and put that on your PPC. Then if you want to read up on custom roms then do so. I love making my own ROM's because I can burn all my email settings and programs right in and when I have to hard reset, it only takes a few minutes and my phone is right back like I like it.

By the way you will need a USB cable and active sync installed to do the upgrade.
When you burn your ROM how do you also burn your E-mail settings into as well?

I am just getting the hang of doing my own ROMs but haven't seen the option burning in the E-mail options/settings

Or is this from the back-up program you are using? I am using PIM, didn't see the option for E-mail settings

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan