PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S™ II Epic™ 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

iflog is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Email

Have a problem with email today. I am able to receive but not send. I have Time Warner Cable Roadrunner Internet account on my pc. When I try to send an email from my ppc I receive an error message "The message could not be sent. Check that you have network coverage and that your account information is correct". I took the phone to Sprint and had their technician check it out. He claims it is a problem with Roadrunner. I called Time Warner and they say it is Sprints problem. My smtp is set as smpt-server.roadrunner.com. Always has been always worked. I tried changing it to smtp.sprintpcs.com with no luck either. The person at Sprint said it may be a problem between them and Time Warner and to use my Yahoo email account. I set it for smtp.mail.yahoo.com and it still wont send. Can it be a problem with the phone?
Old 10-07-2008, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

LoneSnark is keeping up the good workLoneSnark is keeping up the good work
Re: Email

They are both lying to you. Road Runner will allow you to check your mail from any internet connection. But you can only send mail from a Road Runner connected device. If you drive home and connect to your home's Wifi then you will be able to send mail using RR servers. But to send across Sprint then your E-Mail server must accept you. As such, I use gmail, but there is a size limit so keep your E-Mails below something like 500 pages.

As you have tried other services, check your configuration especially login and password to match the service you are sending through.

Last edited by LoneSnark; 10-07-2008 at 12:33 AM. Reason: .,.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

In other words, go read about carriers blocking or filtering Port 25 for domain checking.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

TimeWarner Roadrunner does not block Port 25 FYI..
Old 10-07-2008, 02:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellguy View Post
TimeWarner Roadrunner does not block Port 25 FYI..
Copy and paste these key words in Google.com and see what you get

"roadrunner block port 25"

and here is a google link on it all

Roadrunner blocking port 25
Old 10-07-2008, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S™ II Epic™ 4G Touch
Threadstarter

iflog is a n00b

I had Sprint hard reset the phone and my Roadrunner email still didn't work for outgoing calls. I can receive them but cant send. I had the phone auto set up a Yahoo email account and it works. So for now I have to send emails through my Yahoo account but receive them through Roadrunner which is my primary account. I believe the problem is with Sprints servers connecting to Roadrunner but only to send.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan