PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 02:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero 1.5 OS
Carrier: Sprint

jfolliard is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
a way to have phone "favorites?"

I'm using the contact program which came with the Mogul. Is there anyway to set up a few favorites so I can quickly make a call to them? I have about 350 contacts and it does take time to scroll (even the fast scroll function when holding the key down) to go to and isolate a particular name.

Thanks.

Jack
Old 11-03-2008, 02:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83
Re: a way to have phone "favorites?"

not that i know of with the stock contacts app... you can go into the dialpad and set up speed dials. I think you go to the dialer and select hide keypad and the speed dial launcher comes up go to bottom right and add some that way.

Another great way is to replace the stock contacts app with another one. The best freeware one I have found is pocketcm it has the favorites function as well as a smart dialer if you click the phone icon inside pocket cm you jsut start dialing part of the number or type the name using the dialpad to filter contacts.

http://www.pocketcm.com/contact.php
Old 11-03-2008, 02:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator2k83 View Post
not that i know of with the stock contacts app... you can go into the dialpad and set up speed dials. I think you go to the dialer and select hide keypad and the speed dial launcher comes up go to bottom right and add some that way.

Another great way is to replace the stock contacts app with another one. The best freeware one I have found is pocketcm it has the favorites function as well as a smart dialer if you click the phone icon inside pocket cm you jsut start dialing part of the number or type the name using the dialpad to filter contacts.

http://www.pocketcm.com/contact.php
thanks - the problem wiht the speed dialer is that you have to memorize the assigned numbers as it takes several steps to get to the speed dial screen listing the entries - do you know of a way to quickly get to that screen?

Jack
Old 11-03-2008, 02:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

phone button then hide dialer left softkey i belive. No need to have it up just the dialpad if you know the speed dial number saved to say #2 just hold number 2 down and it dials. or say 22 woudl be 2 then hold second 2 down.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator2k83 View Post
phone button then hide dialer left softkey i belive. No need to have it up just the dialpad if you know the speed dial number saved to say #2 just hold number 2 down and it dials. or say 22 woudl be 2 then hold second 2 down.
here are the steps I think you have to do from the dialer pad:

right softkey "menu"
scroll up (5 hits) or down (7 hits) to "Speed Dial"
then scroll down to saved contact

a lot of effort seems to me - sure like to access the speed dial screen with one button when in dialpad
Old 11-03-2008, 02:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker

you are right the hid keypad only brings up most recent numbers. I would try out pocket cm. works great and integrated texting and call history of the contact you have up. I just switch it to the black no frills them bc its light on ram and fast loading.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

35mm is just getting started

You can put contacts in a "Category" when you edit them. Then when in contacts list hit menu, filter, then click on your category, it will only show the contacts in this group.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro

jdrogan is a n00b

You can do like I do and make a contact entry for your favs but make the ist character of the name an underscore _ they then sort to the top.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrogan View Post
You can do like I do and make a contact entry for your favs but make the ist character of the name an underscore _ they then sort to the top.
great idea - thanks
Old 11-06-2008, 07:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G2 and HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Matchstick is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Matchstick Send a message via MSN to Matchstick Send a message via Yahoo to Matchstick Send a message via Skype™ to Matchstick

Or, with that many contacts. You can open the Contacts program. Slide the Keyboard out, and start typing the name, after a few letters it starts elimiating ones that don't match. The just Highlight the one you want and press the phone key. It will automatically open the dialer and start making the call. Then all you have to do is close the phone and put it to your ear.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan