PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 11:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

mangus580 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GPS data whacked

got my gps setup, and working good, with google. very accurate, I love it.

Here is the problem, if I fire up Microsoft Live, the data seems to bounce all over the place. I found this to be true also with TomTom. You can even see it with the TomTom gps screen.

Also, it seems the only way I can get the GPS to work, is to use google to 'prime' it. I used the setup in this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36377 for doing the fast lock, and this 'prime' problem seems to be primarily since I did this.

Any help is much appreciated!
Old 10-07-2008, 08:32 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Re: GPS data whacked

Well, I did figure out what the problem was.

It seems you cant set your application to com4. You need to set it to the windows gps setting. Problem is, some applications such as older versions of TomTom dont have this setting.

I did find it in 'Live', it was called the 'intermediate driver'

I instaled GPSGate, and have everything working great now.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

interesting and good to know. THX for the follow up.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:54 PM
xafsf

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Hopefully this can be revisited as I am having this same issue. I have MR1 installed on my 6800. I have been able to successfully use google maps as well as Live Search but I experience the same behavior as mangus580 with TomTom ver 6 and 7 as well as other various GPS utilities. The application reports that the satellites are locked but the data appears to have me jumping around the globe. I have tried using various lauching apps such as GPS launcher and AstroGPSLauncher but it is my understanding that the benefit of using these apps is to assist with getting the satellites to lock. As I mentioned before, the applications to report that the satellites are locked in. I was able to use my BT GPS puck with TomTom 6 but it has since bit the dust and I would rather not purchase a new one when everyone seems to have good luck getting aGPS to function. I did try GPS gate as mentioned above and that did not work for me either. Same symptoms. The application reports a lock but it has my location bouncing around the globe. I am generally able to obtain a lock within a few seconds with any of the GPS application I have tried. I have searched through various forums and have not had much luck in finding any reports of similar issues with the exception of this thread. If anyone has any additional information that they can share I would appreciate it.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:32 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Set the Input for GPS Gate to 'WM GPS'

I have the Output set to 'Virtual Com 2'

In TomTom, you will select 'Franson GPS com 2'

I get a signal indoors in about 20 seconds....

I also have it set to 'close input on idle' so that it wont have the GPS active if there is no demand.

Hope this helps!
Old 01-27-2009, 06:05 PM
xafsf

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Yeah...that worked great..thanks. I had to locate a newer version of GPSGate. The version I had did not have WM GPS as an input option.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan