PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC 6800 Alltel

griggs67 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EV, 1X or D reading on my Titan

I was on I-95 today heading south between Dunn and Fayetteville NC and my ppc6800 which usually has either "EV or 1X" in the title bar started to beep and displayed "D", Anyone know what that is? Sorry if this is a Dumba** Question
Old 10-02-2008, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Silent_Patriot is becoming a great contributor
Re: EV, 1X or D reading on my Titan

Sounds like Digital roaming to me.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:54 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I've never seen a D before. The D is short for Digital and 1x just means it's only using one stream to send/receive data. EVDO just uses multiple streams to get those speeds. D and 1x are the same. Did you have the little triangle? Although I do wish my phone said D instead of 1x. I think it looks cleaner.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by griggs67 View Post
I was on I-95 today heading south between Dunn and Fayetteville NC and my ppc6800 which usually has either "EV or 1X" in the title bar started to beep and displayed "D", Anyone know what that is? Sorry if this is a Dumba** Question
Most likely you went on a tower that doesn't even support 1x. Just CDMA. So you could still make calls, just no data.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

Yankees368 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by griggs67 View Post
D refers to being on a site or network that only supports the CDMA protocol of IS-95 (funny that you were on I-95 at the time). You will have no access to data, and probably not SMS during this time. You were probably roaming on a very small regional carrier, such as Blue Wireless in Buffalo, NY that only supports IS-95 at the time.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Kyocera 7135 < Blackberry 8250 < 6700 < 6800 < 6850
Carrier: Alltel

vestaviajag is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to vestaviajag

Quick question, I'm on 95 around Dunn all the time, but spend most of my time in Raleigh and Greenville, and other points in Eastern NC, but why is my phone ALWAYS roaming. I don't notice a difference on the bill, but its kind of annoying to see that triangle. The phone is a 704 Charlotte number, and I'm almost NEVER there, is that the issue? I'm confused...
Old 10-03-2008, 12:42 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If you leave your home area (home SID) you are gonna be "roaming" as indicated by a blinking indicator. The way you can tell if you are on Alltel or not pretty much is if you get EVDO or not on the signal. If it is blinking you are just fine. Just don't let it go solid.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC 6800 Alltel
Threadstarter

griggs67 is a n00b

Well I was on the phone and it would just beep in my ear like call waiting. Did not drop the call. I made no attempt at data during that time. Thanks for the info....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan