PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   receiving email from pop server question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39377)

TheShade001 10-03-2008 01:18 PM

receiving email from pop server question

i hope there is not a thread on this already. I did not find one through the search. Perhaps i chose poor keywords.

email works fine. I was just wondering why my, already read, emails get deleted when i send/receive(only when there are new messages coming into my inbox). It really irritates me.

Anyone know what's up or if that is just how emails are handled?

thanks

MrObvious 10-03-2008 01:53 PM

Re: receiving email from pop server question

Is the option Delete messages off server? checked? Also how many messages do you keep on your phone?

hinds73 10-03-2008 01:53 PM

Are they getting deleted from your phone the same day that you received them? Maybe it is something in the settings side under mail options. For example mine will not be removed from the phone until either I delete, or 5 days go by. Are they actually removing them from the mail server as well, and not just your phone?

TheShade001 10-03-2008 02:24 PM

thanks for the replies. Just to avoid confusion, i am not referring to my hotmail which is pushing fine with no problems. It is the pop accounts that are behaving mysteriously.

no they are not getting deleted the same day. They stay there until a new message arrives. then the old ones get deleted as the new one/ones come in (only when i hit send/receive). If i don't hit send and receive they stay in my inbox.

no they are not getting deleted off of the server...only on my phone. I have 'delete from server' checked off.

how many messages do i keep on my phone? i havent been able to keep old messages (from the pop account) because they go away whenever new mail comes in.

I have gone though all the mail settings (including all the advanced options) and havent seen an option that seems to handle this feature. I could be missing it though.

thanks again for the replies. at least i know there is something on my end.

hinds73 10-03-2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShade001 (Post 444577)
no they are not getting deleted the same day. They stay there until a new message arrives. then the old ones get deleted as the new one/ones come in (only when i hit send/receive). If i don't hit send and receive they stay in my inbox.

Just out of curiosity, how many days do you have the messages on your phone before they are deleted from the phone? For example I have mine set to five days, so when the fifth day comes around the oldest messages get deleted from my phone while the newer ones stay on. You can set it in the settings to stay on there until you delete in the send/receive schedule.

TheShade001 10-04-2008 04:46 PM

i actually have mine set to receive all messages rather than the last 5 days. although it may seem like i have tons of messages being accumulated, it isn't the case. Reason being all read messaged are removed everyday when i get incoming messages. Only when i get new messages i might add. If i have no new incoming messages, they stay put. So i really only have 3 or 4 messages in my inbox at any given time. frustrating to say the least.

thanks for the replies.