PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 07:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero 1.5 OS
Carrier: Sprint

jfolliard is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
"Account Locked Company Policy" error

I just now upgraded my Mogul 6800 (Sprint) to WM6.1. Everything seems ok except email. I get an error this message "Account Locked Company Policy".

It appears it now thinks I'm on a company exchange server I guess, which I am not. I have Comcast as my ISP and basic pop3 mail service.

Below is a screen shot when I tried to re-configure my email account from the beginning.

Needless to say, email does not work at all now. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jack
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture8109165957.JPG (49.7 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by jfolliard; 03-08-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

arparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to arparent
Re: "Account Locked Company Policy" error

Clear all email accounts and activesync connections and start all over again. If you still have the problem you may have to do a hard reset.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by arparent View Post
Clear all email accounts and activesync connections and start all over again. If you still have the problem you may have to do a hard reset.
Yep, something is wrong with one of the email accts that are in the device. I cant say what because there isnt enough info IMO. If it is your
Comcast acct then I would delete and recreate it and see what you get.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero 1.5 OS
Threadstarter

jfolliard is just getting started

well - after 10-12 hours of work over the last several days trying everything and several conversations with Sprint - they're going to send me a replacement phone free of charge. Of course it's not the phone, something happened in the upgrade process from 6.0 to 6.1 - I KNEW I NEVER SHOULD HAVE DONE IT!

So I guess the new device will be 6.1. What I perhaps incorrectly assumed is that you can upgrade then perform a full restore, but the restore files were of course made with the old WM6.0 OS - maybe that's the issue?

What a hassle - I finally got the phone the way I wanted it with many 3rd party programs functioning and I go and upgrade with a new OS that really doesn't add that much.

Here's a link so it's not just me. - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=371071

Oh well - live and learn!
Old 03-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

arparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to arparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfolliard View Post
well - after 10-12 hours of work over the last several days trying everything and several conversations with Sprint - they're going to send me a replacement phone free of charge. Of course it's not the phone, something happened in the upgrade process from 6.0 to 6.1 - I KNEW I NEVER SHOULD HAVE DONE IT!

So I guess the new device will be 6.1. What I perhaps incorrectly assumed is that you can upgrade then perform a full restore, but the restore files were of course made with the old WM6.0 OS - maybe that's the issue?

What a hassle - I finally got the phone the way I wanted it with many 3rd party programs functioning and I go and upgrade with a new OS that really doesn't add that much.

Here's a link so it's not just me. - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=371071

Oh well - live and learn!
Definatley the problem. Nobody has had a sucessful restoration from 6.0 to 6.1. The file system is completley different.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: T-Mobile Wing
Carrier: T-Mobile

albanact is a n00b

SPB backup 2. something has an option to force a ROM upgrade, would that not have helped if it was used, cause it brought mine back without issues, except the fact I only use my phone as a more expensive PDA now that I don't have a service due to unemployment tho I'm thinking of getting it activated on REVOL, wich is my area's new Cricket.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan