PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 09:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: altell touch pro
Carrier: verizon

larrupin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Redfly now $199, is it worth it?

Hey gang!

I have read posts here and elswhere that said good and bad things about Redfly, but almost all agreed that at its original price of $4-500 was just too much for what it was.

Here's the link to the special price until October 31 http://www.celiocorp.com/

At this price do you think the utility versus price is more in line or is it still too limited.

Just wanted some feedback on this.

Larrupin
Old 10-02-2008, 09:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

munnarg is keeping up the good workmunnarg is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to munnarg
Re: Redfly now $199, is it worth it?

i've been looking at this myself actually. I found a review the other day that said it was so-so. You can also check here for a review from www.wmexperts.com.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrupin View Post
Hey gang!

I have read posts here and elswhere that said good and bad things about Redfly, but almost all agreed that at its original price of $4-500 was just too much for what it was.

Here's the link to the special price until October 31 http://www.celiocorp.com/

At this price do you think the utility versus price is more in line or is it still too limited.

Just wanted some feedback on this.

Larrupin
Works as advertised. If the phone works well the extra screen real estate coupled with the 10 hour battery life is a no brainer. I picked one up for $500 and am please. At $199.... it's a steal.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

munnarg is keeping up the good workmunnarg is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to munnarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmhusa View Post
Works as advertised. If the phone works well the extra screen real estate coupled with the 10 hour battery life is a no brainer. I picked one up for $500 and am please. At $199.... it's a steal.
What do you use yours for? Business or personal use? How often do you find yourself using it?
Old 10-02-2008, 11:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Ill sell you a copy for $50.....lol
Old 10-03-2008, 09:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool Re: Redfly now $199, is it worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnarg View Post
What do you use yours for? Business or personal use? How often do you find yourself using it?
Mostly web browsing, email, powerpoint. Business mixed with general use. As long as I am using a stable ROM with good memory, the device runs great. BTW it is not compatible with the HTC Diamond at the moment (tried it).
http://www.celiocorp.com/

Despite the VGA screen of the Diamond, the Redfly was a better browsing experience with the Mogul on Opera 8.6 and provided 10 hours of battery use (with the phone charging). Great for travel by air. Only feature missing is the ability to view video on the Redfly. It would be a killer device it the drivers are optimized in the future to allow for movie viewing at 800X600.

Last edited by nmhusa; 10-03-2008 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:30 AM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmhusa View Post
Only feature missing is the ability to view video on the Redfly. It would be a killer device it the drivers are optimized in the future to allow for movie viewing at 800X600.
That's what's keepin me from shellin out some $. I got a ton of videos on one of my storage cards and a bigger screen to watch them on would be nice.
Don't forget to hit the

Old 10-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

seems ridiculous to me. buy a used laptop for $200 bucks. sorry.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Cool Re: Redfly now $199, is it worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow-tech View Post
seems ridiculous to me. buy a used laptop for $200 bucks. sorry.
2-3 hour battery life max... probably lower for a used laptop. Show me a laptop with a 10 hour battery life so that I dont have to carry the damned thing with a bloody power brick and I will buy it immediately. Also, you are able to use the Mogul Sprint web connection with unlimited internet for no additional cost with the Redfly. Same access on the laptop will cost $50 a month, or you will be limited to wifi only (with the reduced battery that that entails).

The atom based small formfactor laptops are nice we just need longer batteries on them.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond
Carrier: MTS

littlerichie29 is just getting started

Does not work for me as advertised. Powerpoints are sluggish, and of course, videos don't play well.

I am going to return it if they ever email me back.

If they don't someone here can have it for $199 plus the real cost of shipping. It is basically brand new, never took the plastic off the screen...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan