PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

saudekeep is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow Sync'd device to multiple PCs

Let me first start by saying I work with different computers on a weekly basis due to my work situation. I do not have access to any one computer for more than a few days at a time.

I want to backup my contacts by syncing the phone to my PC but last time I did this it deleted all my previous contacts because they belonged to the last PC I used before that. (that is my take on this situation after doing some research on MS ActiveSync being able to only remember 2 PCs)

So I backed up pim.vol just in case but from what I understand you can't copy and paste that back into the phone anyway so it doesn't do much good. Am I correct in this? If not, contacts are all I care about and this basically solves my problem.

Regardless, the question remains: How can I use ActiveSync on this (3rd) PC without deleting the contacts that were synced with the first two PCs I used.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:28 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: Sync'd device to multiple PCs

Quote:
Originally Posted by saudekeep View Post
Let me first start by saying I work with different computers on a weekly basis due to my work situation. I do not have access to any one computer for more than a few days at a time.

I want to backup my contacts by syncing the phone to my PC but last time I did this it deleted all my previous contacts because they belonged to the last PC I used before that. (that is my take on this situation after doing some research on MS ActiveSync being able to only remember 2 PCs)

So I backed up pim.vol just in case but from what I understand you can't copy and paste that back into the phone anyway so it doesn't do much good. Am I correct in this? If not, contacts are all I care about and this basically solves my problem.

Regardless, the question remains: How can I use ActiveSync on this (3rd) PC without deleting the contacts that were synced with the first two PCs I used.
You should be able to just delete the existing partnership and then hook it up to the third puter....I would also suggest you use PIM backup...just save it to your storage card and you can restore everything you want each time...contacts, tasks...etc

I will attach the zip....

Last edited by flyers2114; 12-12-2008 at 09:48 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan