PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0
missing splash sound after hard reset

im wondering if ive dropped too mny times

I did a hard reset today and weirdly Im missing the windowsmobile startup sound out of half of the resets I do..
if someone could help me out think its time for my insurance to get a refurb....odds of a new one

Last edited by beefcakeb0; 09-30-2008 at 01:31 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: missing splash sound after hard reset

Here install this
Old 10-03-2008, 03:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff

im not terribly worried about the sounds im just worried about the cpu
Old 10-03-2008, 08:51 AM
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

well is there anything wrong with it other than the windowsmobile startup sound missing?
Old 10-10-2008, 01:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

of course its a 6800..... haha.

but seriously though. yes even after a hard reset its minor glitchy and some rare freezes. sometimes when i am browsing the internet and i turn the screen off put it in my pocket and return a few min later it goes to home screen.

could just be a glitchy or buggy program. mayb faulty phone?
Old 10-10-2008, 08:27 AM
VIP Member

Why not try reflashing with a new ROM and see if that resolves it to show it is software based. If it still does the same then it would be hardware based.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

i'm running the latest stock wm6.1
Old 10-10-2008, 01:50 PM
VIP Member

from your descriptions it still sounds software related. Youre saying ur on IE and you turn the screen off and come back later and its on the Today screen. What else are you seeing issues with?
Old 10-11-2008, 02:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

not only today screen but ie goes to home without me doing it....... casual freezes.. it takes upwards of a minute or sometimes two for gps lock... text vibration lasts like 10 seconds. and lags opening. if i open a sms and keyboard @ same time and start typing it starts dialing instead of texting
Old 10-13-2008, 11:08 AM
VIP Member

Oh hell, you have no probs, mine does most of that too and thats normal. My IE used to close like that when I had my cache and cookies being stored to the card. Either make sure it is set to store in main memory or try using Opera or Picsel.

There is nothing wrong with 1-2mins GPS locks, especially on a cold bootup.

I wish my txt vibes were 10secs instead of the 3 bursts I get.

All PPCs lag when turning them on. S2U2 doesnt help. There are even reports of the Diamond having the same issues and it just came out.

And sometimes if I slide my phone open and start to type is also will dial tones and bring up the dialpad where I will then have to close that screen and redo my text. Are you using the native 6.1 threaded SMS or Palm SMS?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan