PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 08:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

TNTRMSKD is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy HELP! Mic volume way too low.

Hi guys, I was hoping maybe someone can help me out and diagnose my problem. For the first part of the day, my phone worked normally. I could make/receive calls without any problem. All of a sudden in the late afternoon, I got a call from the 'missus' and she could not hear me at all. I thought it was just the phone possibly acting up so I rebooted and then called her back. She picked up but could not hear anything from my end. This went back and forth a few times until I reached for the home phone to call her back. After our conversation I tested the voice record and unless I talk very very LOUD and directly with my mouth/lips on the mic, the phone will pick up NOTHING. Even if I'm just a few inches away, it will not pick up my voice whatsoever. Is there some sort of setting that allows you to adjust mic sensitivity? I'm on the latest official Sprint ROM and was wondering if reflashing might do the trick? From my understanding of microphones, they either work or don't work right? I mean it IS picking up my voice, I just have to yell to high hell for it to do so. And even then the playback will not be nearly as loud as the volume I was yelling at (yes my speakers work correctly). Thanks in advance!

-Mike
Old 09-29-2008, 09:05 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: HELP! Mic volume way too low.

did you edit your audio para, either get a new one or maybe used nueaudio what rom

Old 09-29-2008, 10:55 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
did you edit your audio para, either get a new one or maybe used nueaudio what rom
Nope. I didn't do anything. I'm on the latest Sprint ROM. I didn't hack the phone at all. It's brand new, maybe two months old.

-Mike
Old 09-29-2008, 11:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL
Carrier: sprint

yama247 is a n00b

try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=1870986 it made my mogul sound 10 times louder. download the cab. hope this helps

EDIT
SORRY THIS IS ONLY FOR THE SPEAKER VOLUME.

Last edited by yama247; 09-29-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL
Carrier: sprint

yama247 is a n00b

also try this if you have a editor. Regisrty: HKCU\Control Panel\SoundCategories\InCall
Key: InitVol set from 2 to 5. i have mine set a 10! now i can hear my lovely wifes nagging, louder than ever!

EDIT
NEVER MIND! I MISREAD YOUR POST, YOURS IF FOR THE MIC NOT THE PHONE SPEAKER OR IN CALL VOLUME! SORRY

Last edited by yama247; 09-29-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:26 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Thanks very much. Yeah, unfortunately my problem is the mic which doesn't seem to net any type of search results. I want to say it's a dead mic, but that wouldn't explain it being able to pick my voice up when I'm yelling right on it. With mics I'm pretty sure they either work or don't work. If it was broken, it should pick up nothing no matter what I do.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan