PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Q and XV6800

js415 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garmin XT and Verizon 6800....??

I have searched and read until I am blue in the face!!!!

I just purchased a copy of Garmin Mobile Xt and installed it on my Verizon 6800.

I have the new ROM and GPS working using either google or Live Search.

I can get the Garmin program working, and it shows that it is picking up the satellites, in the software, but it bounces all over the place and mostly shows that I am located somewhere around Africa or Pakistan!!!

I am in the Southeast USA!!!!

I have messed with all kinds of settings, tried everything I can think of, read every dang post until I am thoroughly confused!!!

Have I missed something, or will this not work with my phone??

Thanks so much.

Jerry
Old 09-30-2008, 09:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Garmin XT and Verizon 6800....??

I know I have read where alot of ppl use it although personally when i tried it I couldnt get it to install. I tried and tried and I posted threads but no one ever answered so I just gave up on it. But there are other threads on Garmin and the 68 you may wanna look at
Old 09-30-2008, 09:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evotastic
Carrier: Sprint

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Look at this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=423231. I'm have alltel and my garmin xt would do that periodically. I did the alltel gps fix and get a lock within 13 secs no matter where i am.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by js415 View Post

I just purchased a copy of Garmin Mobile Xt and installed it on my Verizon 6800.

Where did you buy it from?? When I tried to buy it, the only version I could find was tied to a dedicated storage card. Is that what you have??

~John
Old 09-30-2008, 01:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Thats the way they all work I assume because the maps are so big they will not fit in main storage.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
Thats the way they all work I assume because the maps are so big they will not fit in main storage.

yea, but it also means you can't copy it to your 8 gig card...........(you're stuck with the 4 gig card it comes on).

it's not the way they all work. I have CoPilotLive 7 that also came on a 4 gig card, but it works just fine when copied to a larger card

~John
Old 09-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Q and XV6800
Threadstarter

js415 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Where did you buy it from?? When I tried to buy it, the only version I could find was tied to a dedicated storage card. Is that what you have??

~John
I bought the version tied to the SD card. That was Ok for me because I dont mind swapping cards in or out when I want to use it.

I finally was able to get it to work by doing 2 things.

Download and install the upgrade to the newest version from the Garmin website.

Then let it use the "intermediate driver" instead of using COM 4.

After doing these 2 things it fired right up, found the GPS, and spits out perfect maps and navigation.

Not sure what the difference is between COM 4 and the other driver??

Thanks,

Jerry

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan