PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 01:14 AM
Lurker

timsanerd87 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Couple quick questions.

Hi, I looked around didn't see a answer for this if its here sorry.

- I have multiple mp3 ringtones, but when I assign a ringtone to a specific person the only thing that plays is the main ringtone I use for people who call but aren't in my contact list. Does that main ringer overpower all the others because its assigned to main or is there a way around this?

- I downloaded the .CAB file for Picto Pocket (love comics would like to read em on the go) When I try and start the program I get this message

"This application requires a newer version of the Microsoft@. NET Compact Framework than the version installed on the device"

if someone could point me into the right direction that would be great

- Also I see alot of people on here using other media players beisdes the Windows Media Player? I just got the Mogul yesterday and its my first HTC phone. Is something wrong with it? I have a 8GB memorycard and it plays all my songs fine. But I was wondering if it played avi. movies?

All help appreciated.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i910
Carrier: page plus

mooneyb is a n00b
Re: Couple quick questions.

google tcpmp. It is an excellent freeware video player. This is the first app i have loaded on any new windows or palm unit i have ever owned.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

Also there is a link somewhere on here for the .net 3.5cf, thats what I would install on your mogul. Its a cab file so installation is easy.

For your mp3 ringtones make sure they r in your my documents\my ringtones folder on your sd card and that they are a basic mp3 bitrate. For faster ringtones I just use .wav takes up more space but requires less power and always works when mp3's won't.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Here is the .NET Compact Framework 3.5 Redistributable

Ringtones go in /Windows/Rings BTW
Old 10-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

yes they can go there but it uses the storage memory of your phone.

I currently have about 50mb+ of custom ringers and do not wish to put all of them on the storage memory. + if you put in storage card\my documents\my ringtones\ when you flash a new rom or hard restet and restore your contacts your custom ringtones per caller remain.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Yes but as with the 67 most people experince wake-up lag when things are on the card and called on when the phone is asleep. That makes ppl miss calls. That why no apps with today plug-ins are advised to be installed on the card.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

timsanerd87 is a n00b

Thanks for the help.

I dont think I asked the question about the ringers properly.

Example I have a ringer for someone with a ringtone I made and I assigned it to them in my contacts but it doesnt play only the main ringtone I have in the sounds and notifications plays.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan