PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 09:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

BigRedGonzo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help with memory

I have an Alltel 6800. I am running the stock 3.35 Alltel ROM (radio 3.37.) The phone is currently very stable and I like the way it operates. Is is quite peppy and I really have no issues, except... After boot-up I have approximately 15MB of RAM available. Short of flashing a custom ROM of some sort, is there anything that I can do to have more available RAM? I have Mem Maid and use it to clean things up periodically. I have also installed Oxios Hibernate, which gets me back to my original 15MB if something decides not to give up its memory when I'm finished with it. Anyway, I have a need to have a couple extra MB free. I have a package that I use that has problems with my available RAM. Anyway, can someone give me some guidance as to anyway to recover a bit of the used RAM?
Old 09-29-2008, 10:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Help with memory

I stay on average of about 16 free after I have run some apps and use Resco to kill them in the background Or use MemMaid to reclaim the RAM.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

SKTools is also a useful app as well, and Memmaid also frees up Storage memory from all those Mail Attachments as well as IE Cache fiels, History, Cookies, etc.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 09-29-2008, 11:08 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

nueROM3. 30MB on boot. lol

Seriously you should look into reading up on BuildOS on ppckitchen.org and flash a nice 20273 or nueROM3 ROM.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff

or use pagepool changer on the signed nbh file from the alltel rom, change it down to something like 6 and then you should be around 22-24 free after every boot.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Threadstarter

BigRedGonzo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm144k View Post
or use pagepool changer on the signed nbh file from the alltel rom, change it down to something like 6 and then you should be around 22-24 free after every boot.
Can you give me a bit of instruction on how to go about doing this?

Thanks ahead of time,
Old 09-29-2008, 01:52 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Actually you can Google this program. The PagePool changer changes your Page Pool so you can adjust it to have more RAM. I think no2 has one but IDK how to get a hold of it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan