PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2008, 10:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 USCellular
Carrier: US Cellular

regiteye is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC PPC6800 Memory usage can i allocate more Ram to programs rather then storage...

Hello all,
I'm curious if i can allocate more of my install ram to Program usage rather then for storage?? is there a way to do it?
Also is there a way to get my ringtones for my contacts off my Micro SDHD card? i want to use some MP3s for ringtones and had them on my device storage and worked just fine but rather not use up the storage memory on my device when have all the room on a Micro SDHD if u follow me.
My Carrier:US Cellular
Phone: HTC PPC6800

Thanks for the help all.

Regiteye
Old 09-28-2008, 11:31 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: HTC PPC6800 Memory usage can i allocate more Ram to programs rather then storage.

Maybe you can use PPCPimBackup for the second one. And no you can't. Get a new phone or use your SD Card.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:49 PM
Lurker

twofingarz is a n00b
Re: HTC PPC6800 Memory usage can i allocate more Ram to programs rather then storage.

you can transfer your mp3's to work on your sd card by using a usb cable to connect the phone to your computer then copy your my documents folder from your mobile device into your storage card then add your mp3's into the my ringtones folder in the my documents on the storage card
Old 03-27-2009, 11:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG enV Touch
Carrier: Verizon

thvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to thvoicwethin Send a message via Skype™ to thvoicwethin

I remember you were able to do it with WinMo 2003 SE. I have a ipaq h4350 and it had that feature. Why did they do that, and why aren't they doing that again? Anyone know?

Commander of the Non-Data Users Team.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

I don't know why they got rid of that feature after WM2003, I loved it too. stupid move IMO.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Talking Re: HTC PPC6800 Memory usage can i allocate more Ram to programs rather then storage.

Flash to Nuerom3. You can have somewhere around 30megs free at startup! Since I did that I can run more programs without them running out of memory so frequently! Opera Mobile 9.5, Iris Browser, Netfront 3.5 concept browser. I couldnt run these programs as well as I can now until I flashed to this rom.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Carrier: Alltel

jcevans7 is a n00b

Can you send a link to NueRom? Is it a ROM where you can cook? Can you add on more/less programs and install them straight to the SD card? I still haven't figured out how to put more programs onto the SD card to keep the RAM free... Even with the Oxious tool now I only have about 7Mb of RAM on my phone!!!
Old 03-30-2009, 05:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6800
Carrier: Cricket

GP-1 is a n00b

Here is a link to no2chems website where you can get the nuerom3.Hope this helps.

http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/
Old 03-30-2009, 06:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

Or you can also try this link.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ht=ppc+kitchen
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan