PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2008, 02:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero 1.5 OS
Carrier: Sprint

jfolliard is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
unintended calls - turn off redial?

often with the mogul in my belt carrier, it redials the last number and places a call - the green call hard button must have been pushed when I bend over, sit down, etc. Is there a way to turn off the redial function when you push the green (telephone icon) hard button, lower left?

thnaks

Jack
Old 09-28-2008, 02:43 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: unintended calls - turn off redial?

use aebutton plus so it wont open the phone app

Old 09-28-2008, 04:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: P4000
Carrier: Telus

Lt_TAZ is a n00b

I had that problem recently and the only solution that did worked was hard reset.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:23 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

This is why some of us use S2U2 or one of the various other locker apps out there. You can use the built in lock too, of course. Pretty much you want to have those buttons be disabled when the phone decides for whatever reason to turn itself on.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
use aebutton plus so it wont open the phone app
thanks but I was hopig someone would now of a registry tweak which would disable the redial function of the green phone hard key?

any registry hack experts out there?
Old 09-29-2008, 10:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Seriously, like Schettj said, get S2U2 and call it a day.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
Seriously, like Schettj said, get S2U2 and call it a day.
thanks - how does s2u2 work to fix my issue?

Jack
Old 09-29-2008, 11:52 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

S2U2 (there are others, its just the one I use) is one of those "slide to unlock" lockers.

When the phone wakes up for any reason, S2U2 shows a lock screen - all buttons are disabled (or you can have the dpad enabled) - you must then swipe a slider across the touch screen with your finger or stylus (or press dpad right for a second or so) to unlock the screen & buttons. Just like the iphone/ipod touch. Hence "slide to unlock."

The practical effect is, if the phone wakes up in your pocket, *and* somehow the slide action happens, you might want to take a close look at whatever is living in your pocket
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
S2U2 (there are others, its just the one I use) is one of those "slide to unlock" lockers.

When the phone wakes up for any reason, S2U2 shows a lock screen - all buttons are disabled (or you can have the dpad enabled) - you must then swipe a slider across the touch screen with your finger or stylus (or press dpad right for a second or so) to unlock the screen & buttons. Just like the iphone/ipod touch. Hence "slide to unlock."

The practical effect is, if the phone wakes up in your pocket, *and* somehow the slide action happens, you might want to take a close look at whatever is living in your pocket
ok - I'll give it a whirl 'cause strange critters to reside in my pockets!

Thanks.

Jack
Old 09-29-2008, 01:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

My XV6800 used to make about 4 unintended calls a day until I installed s2u2.

I don't have it slide, I use the D-Pad to unlock it.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan