PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   unintended calls - turn off redial? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38855)

jfolliard 09-28-2008 02:42 AM

unintended calls - turn off redial?

often with the mogul in my belt carrier, it redials the last number and places a call - the green call hard button must have been pushed when I bend over, sit down, etc. Is there a way to turn off the redial function when you push the green (telephone icon) hard button, lower left?

thnaks

Jack

hibby50 09-28-2008 02:43 AM

Re: unintended calls - turn off redial?

use aebutton plus so it wont open the phone app

Lt_TAZ 09-28-2008 04:29 AM

I had that problem recently and the only solution that did worked was hard reset.

schettj 09-28-2008 09:23 AM

This is why some of us use S2U2 or one of the various other locker apps out there. You can use the built in lock too, of course. Pretty much you want to have those buttons be disabled when the phone decides for whatever reason to turn itself on.

jfolliard 09-28-2008 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 437016)
use aebutton plus so it wont open the phone app

thanks but I was hopig someone would now of a registry tweak which would disable the redial function of the green phone hard key?

any registry hack experts out there?

weedahoe 09-29-2008 10:45 AM

Seriously, like Schettj said, get S2U2 and call it a day.

jfolliard 09-29-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedahoe (Post 438453)
Seriously, like Schettj said, get S2U2 and call it a day.

thanks - how does s2u2 work to fix my issue?

Jack

schettj 09-29-2008 11:52 AM

S2U2 (there are others, its just the one I use) is one of those "slide to unlock" lockers.

When the phone wakes up for any reason, S2U2 shows a lock screen - all buttons are disabled (or you can have the dpad enabled) - you must then swipe a slider across the touch screen with your finger or stylus (or press dpad right for a second or so) to unlock the screen & buttons. Just like the iphone/ipod touch. Hence "slide to unlock."

The practical effect is, if the phone wakes up in your pocket, *and* somehow the slide action happens, you might want to take a close look at whatever is living in your pocket :p

jfolliard 09-29-2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schettj (Post 438517)
S2U2 (there are others, its just the one I use) is one of those "slide to unlock" lockers.

When the phone wakes up for any reason, S2U2 shows a lock screen - all buttons are disabled (or you can have the dpad enabled) - you must then swipe a slider across the touch screen with your finger or stylus (or press dpad right for a second or so) to unlock the screen & buttons. Just like the iphone/ipod touch. Hence "slide to unlock."

The practical effect is, if the phone wakes up in your pocket, *and* somehow the slide action happens, you might want to take a close look at whatever is living in your pocket :p

ok - I'll give it a whirl 'cause strange critters to reside in my pockets!

Thanks.

Jack

jmorton10 09-29-2008 01:45 PM

My XV6800 used to make about 4 unintended calls a day until I installed s2u2.

I don't have it slide, I use the D-Pad to unlock it.

~John