PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 10:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc 6800
Carrier: Alltel

Selltech is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Selltech
This is why!!!!!

This is why i dont let others borrow my phone. Heres the background. One of my "friends" is an IT guy at a major corp and I let him use my phone for the net cuz he had no recep. So any way this guy is kind of psyco and a little while a go he told me that he can get on his work computer via the net and use files and bla bla bla. I zoned. Anyway after I let him use my phone I noticed that now the little arrows by my signal go crazy at times for no reason and sometimes its really slugish. I was wondering, being that my phone is connected to the net via phone lines could he have done something to connect to my phone when ever he wants to???? The last thing I want is someone in my personal files (passwords pics etc..). If so how can I stop this if it's happining to me? AND THIS IS WHY I DONT BORROW OUT MY PHONE! Help please. Maybe Im nutts but better safe than sorry.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: This is why!!!!!

Well if you're that paranoid why don't you just hard reset?

If you can't trust the person then why lend them your device outside of your direct supervision? That seems nuts to me...

But just hard reset and you don't have to guess if anything "hidden" is watching you. If you want to be ultra paranoid do a ROM flash to either your latest carrier or whatever custom you're running so you can ensure your ext_rom is clean...
Old 09-27-2008, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Russellhi is just getting started

If you havent already done it check settings/ system/ remove programs to look for anything that shouldnt be there. If he did install something and covered his tracks maybe someone else could help you dig a little deeper to look for anything that shouldnt be there?

You could always backup your contacts, ect and hard reset the phone then install the programs you want. If you do that and he immediately asks to use your phone again then you know somethings up! lol
Old 09-27-2008, 11:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc 6800
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

Selltech is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Selltech

Well see I was watching him but we were at a demo derby so you could see how i was side tracked. Didnt know if it was possable or not / didnt know if a hard reset would stop it. Norm I NEVER LET ANY ONE USE MY PHONE, except say my mother when she can fig out how to use it. Thx
Old 09-27-2008, 11:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

nursie is a n00b

I would definately reset. Sounds fishy to me. Trust your gut.....

And if it were me, I'd confront him. I'd say, "what did you do to my phone? Now it's acting sluggish". Check his reaction (does he avoid your look?). If he did something, he'd know you're on to him & maybe that would prevent him from doing something (like stealing your info). Hope you don't have passwords & credit type of info on there. If you do, you need to do something about it.

Last edited by nursie; 09-27-2008 at 11:38 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan