PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 12:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon XV 6800
Carrier: Verizon

tcolling is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Have to frequently re-start file downloads through PIE

On both my xv6800 and my wife's, I have noticed that now when I'm downloading large-ish files (2 or 3 mb or larger) the phone frequently stops the download and displays a dialog stating that the download was interrupted and asking if I want to restart it. This is happening MUCH more frequently since we installed the WM 6.1 MR1 update on both phones.

Is anyone else having this new problem?

- Tim
Old 09-27-2008, 12:48 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Have to frequently re-start file downloads through PIE

use skyfire or opera i personal suggest skyfire it is a kick web browser that supports flash embedded and the new beta supports downloads

Old 11-25-2008, 11:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon XV 6800
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

tcolling is a n00b

I eventually solved this problem by uninstalling Phone Alarm and then re-installing it and allowing it to overwrite my custom phonealarm profile settings. Something in the custom settings that I had created over the months must have caused my particular device to have a problem.
- Tim
Old 11-26-2008, 12:29 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

How weird that Phone Alarm would cause the problem.. Happy to hear your issue was resolved..
Old 11-26-2008, 07:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Yeah, I was going to tell you that I use PIE+ and do bigger DLs than 3-4mb and never have an issue. Suggesting a different browser was something else I thought of too but someone beat me to it. However, glad you figured it out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan