PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 01:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL 6800
Carrier: Sprint

cocobrotha1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to cocobrotha1
Htc Mogul Update Made Some Changes

for those of you that have the HTC Mogul from sprint, you guys know about the recent 3.56 update rom that debut for the phone in 8/8/08 i believe. Anyway, there were quite a few changes that it gave that i noticed. here are just a few:

Palm style email setup. the emails that you send/receive are in the form of conversations. I remember seeing this done on several kitchen roms, but damn its a ***** to go through with the uploading of content once u type it. To break it down, the load time SUCKS.

Sent message receipt DOES NOT EXIST.

some extra stuff to the today page that makes sense, but is useless amongst us. ppcgeeks noobs, vets and legends alike.

Sprint TV has been added to the mogul.

Enhanced capabilities for Bluetooth connectivity to devices.

Faster download/upload speeds on Ev DO system. I think that's right, i'm tired, but y'all know what i'm getting at.

The things i noticed on my own dealt with the text messaging setup, the rest of it came from the representative that i spoke to at sprint. if anybody else knows of any other differences, please let me know. Also, i would like to know if any of the themes will affect the new update in any way shape or form? The reason why i ask this is because, i'm tired of looking at this damn today screen and just looking mad plain as stale cheese. So i need the hook-up. i like some of the themes with the big fat numbered clock on the face, but all of the themes i've see lacked the notification for a voice message icon. WHAT's UP WITH THAT? i know y'all don't answer y'all damn phones all the time. Can a brotha get some light shedded over here? Holla if you hear me, baby.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro II.. With a bionic heart!

Eturnulrs704 is just getting started
Re: Htc Mogul Update Made Some Changes

My Dude first off ur late with info,,lol been there since before the official rom came out (leaked). Sorry... Second u may be talking bout the diamond roms/ themes... or HHC... Third, either one i used gave me a voicemail notification, so u may have missed it, try here, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37215 or
do a search u'll see plenty on those themes..

Last edited by Eturnulrs704; 09-27-2008 at 01:46 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:45 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Threaded text messaging is nice.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

saiyen2012 is a n00b

you cant forward you text any more. that not cool. Is there a way to send a text blast to everyone in your phone at one time. if anyone has any info on these two subjects plz pm me.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MoPho

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663

Should work, but I don't know on other carriers.. Eh.. what the shell.. You have to use the dpad to travel to the message and use the menu soft right key.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

Yah definatly a little late.

But hey at least your trying.

If you want some good stuff.

Check out the Manila2D interface for your today screen. Its a toned version of Manila3D which is from the Diamond. Manila2D was pulled off the Touch Viva. There are already lots of themes available in the second link.

Manila2D
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=398173

Themes
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...anila+2D+Black

Thats pretty much the newest thing. Just make sure that you use the customizing tool to remove some of the unused tabs since that will save alot of ram that it uses (its pretty much nessecary, unless your using nueRom3 but by the sound of your post I dont think so) . Or you could do the same with an xml edit. Tabs that are said to use the most ram are. Internet, Photos/Video, and Music. All of which you could link to specific programs that you want in the launcher tab.

Edit: You should be able to use all your wm6 themes, today plugins, programs, etc. As far as I remember. Ive been using wm6.1 for months now.

Last edited by reeg420; 09-27-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

Yogurt is a n00b

is there any way to go back to the old texting. I don't like the threaded one from this new update ;x
Old 09-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Almost a VIP

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

There is nueThreadedSMS Control but I cant for the life of me find it.

Its sets up a control panel in your settings that enables you to toggle on/off threaded sms.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

Yogurt is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeg420 View Post
There is nueThreadedSMS Control but I cant for the life of me find it.

Its sets up a control panel in your settings that enables you to toggle on/off threaded sms.

ahh if you do find it pleaseeee share!! or if anyone finds it
Old 09-27-2008, 07:39 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogurt View Post
ahh if you do find it pleaseeee share!! or if anyone finds it

I know for sure its in the ppckitchen. As an optional oem package.

Ive just searched for another 10 minutes and cant find ****. no2chem has made it hard to find some of his tools for the time being I guess. He is in the middle of setting up his site to centralize everything. Its not listed under nueTools on www.nuerom.com thats where it should be. But there also is several other tools that I can think of off the top of my head that are just not there also. I actually have it on my phone right now. But that means nothing to you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan