PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Start Up Sounds (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38613)

Acedooncoon 09-25-2008 11:21 PM

Start Up Sounds

Whats up people...I'm sure some one has probably already asked this question..but I cant seem to find the right thread...
Does anyone know how to change the start up .wav file for the Mogul? I have "Advanced_Configuration_Tool_v3.2" and theres an option to change the sound but when I change it..nothing happens...infact the sound that I use to hear doesnt it play anymore..I want to use the AOL "Welcome.wav" which is about 1 sec. long..I copied it to Window Directory and nothing happened...I then change the file name to "Startup_sounds" and still nothing happens..Of course I did a soft reset after the edit...So I dont understand why its not working...What am I doing wrong? Can someone help me out here or at least guide me to the right post? I would really like that. Thanx

PS- I used Resco to copy the file to the Windows Directory...

HBOOT 09-26-2008 12:28 AM

Re: Start Up Sounds

Gotta make sure your your start up sound folder points to your AOL thingy man, it should work if you change the name and replace your existing start up sound.

HKEY Current user
Ctrl Panel
Phone Extendfunction
CDMA
Flight mode onoff
In the button your
Sound.on should point to your AOL.wav

FYI: i keep my mogul silent dude....lol

Acedooncoon 09-29-2008 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 434020)
Gotta make sure your your start up sound folder points to your AOL thingy man, it should work if you change the name and replace your existing start up sound.

HKEY Current user
Ctrl Panel
Phone Extendfunction
CDMA
Flight mode onoff
In the button your
Sound.on should point to your AOL.wav

FYI: i keep my mogul silent dude....lol

So I have done what you suggested and still nothing happens..I did some searching ova the past few days and was able to come across some post where others wanted to do the same thing I wanted to do...so I found that there we two ways that you can change the start up sound using Reg. Edits..and I did it both ways and still nothing happens..As I have mentioned before I have actually Completly lost my start up sound...nothing happens at all...I mean when I put the phone to my ear and listen to see if at least I'll hear anything...I jus heard static for a few seconds and that its...So it like it wants to play but it doesnt for some reason...I had do a hard reset on my phone to see wat would happen and I noticed it played...but after I sync everything back on my phone it stopped playing again..Right now I have the Touchflo2d Theme..on my device...when I first installed it the start up sound worked...So i dont think its that...Also on my laptop I have iTunes as my main audio player...and iTunes only play MP3 files..so All music files and MP3 by defult now...could be a problem? Can Anyone help me out please..Thanx

HBOOT 09-29-2008 10:17 AM

Did you soft reset after reg edit?

weedahoe 09-29-2008 10:36 AM

Download this app here and replace the mp3 with something else. Its that simple.

Acedooncoon 09-29-2008 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 438414)
Did you soft reset after reg edit?

Yes I did a soft reset...I have the windows app for it..but it still doesnt play at all...I actually like the start up sound..I did a soft reset and then I went back and verified that the edit was changed to wat I changed it to..and still nothing...

[sammich] 09-29-2008 10:47 PM

Or you could just do it the old fashioned way:

copy the file you want [make sure its named PhoneOn.wav] into the \Windows directory and overwrite the one thats there.

HBOOT 09-29-2008 10:51 PM

So you are saying that Under....CDMA\FLIGHTMODEONOFF you see:

Sound_on
\Windows\aol.wav??????????

Acedooncoon 09-29-2008 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 439433)
So you are saying that Under....CDMA\FLIGHTMODEONOFF you see:

Sound_on
\Windows\aol.wav??????????

Yes that is exactly wat Im saying...I have changed it to that...and nothing happens...right now Im going to download that program and see wat happens

HBOOT 09-29-2008 10:59 PM

I know what you are saying but is it what is showing up there?:mrgreen: