PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

BigRedGonzo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Noob Question

My phone doesn't display the Operator. Anywhere where I would expect it to show up, it doesn't. I downloaded a cab that allows me to put whatever I want there and it works fine. The new text supplied by me shows up everywhere I want it too. My question is, why did Alltel never show up in any of these spots? Not that I particularly wanted it too, but is there something wrong that causes it to not show up?
Old 09-25-2008, 02:44 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Noob Question

What do you mean by an Operator? What exactly are you trying to do? Your post is vague and confusing to me.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:49 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Search for something called the Personalizer. This app will let you change the operator name. You can probably even set it to alltel...

Old 09-25-2008, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

BigRedGonzo is becoming a great contributor

To clarify...The Operator is your service provider and on my buddy's 6800 from Sprint, you see SprintPCS stuck in the corner of several different screens. One, for example, is the Now screen from spb Mobile Shell. We both have it (spb Mobile Shell) and his shows SprintPCS in the top bar, but mine does not show Alltel. I don't particularly care whether Alltel appears up there or not, I was just wondering if there may be something set-up incorrectly on my phone to cause this to not show and if so does it need to be fixed?

As for the Personalizer, I have downloaded it and it works perfectly. I can have anything I want to appear in those spots, but that still doesn't get me past the question, Should Alltel appear on mine without the Personalizer and if so why isn't it? As far as I know, Alltel may not do this, but I would think that all service providers would want their name splashed on your screen.

Overall, if I have a configuration issue that is causing me not to have the operator show up on the phone, is the same configuration issue causing other problems that I haven't found yet?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan