PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 07:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

wndertwin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Issue with Opera Mobile 8.65

Hi all:

I have been running Opera Moblie 8.65 on my Mogul (with 3.35 ROM) for a number of months and it's been very stable.

Last week, the program started crashing about 10 seconds after I open it. I had not installed any new software that should conflict. The only thing I recently did was rearrange my bookmarks - but even then, it was working for about a week before this issue arose.

I removed and reinstalled the program, but am still having the same issues.

Has anyone had a similar experience? If so, what did you do to fix it?

Thanks,
MK
Old 09-24-2008, 07:55 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Issue with Opera Mobile 8.65

Greetings. I have the same setup as you, 3.35 radio, and have been using opera 8.65 for about 4 months now. I kinda remember reading on another forum, some people having crashing issues with 8.65. Whats the build number on it? dschoenike

Old 09-24-2008, 08:03 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

wndertwin is a n00b

Thanks for responding - I think that the build no is 2779 (does that make sense? I have such a short time before it crashes)

After I posted, I tried clearing my history, cookies and cache to see if there was something there which could be causing the issue. However, it did not work.

Thanks again,
MK
Old 09-24-2008, 08:39 AM
Give him the KICK!!!

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

No problem. I'm gonna go try to hunt down the other website where others were reporting the same issues as yours. I remember reading about it when i first installed opera 8.65, cause i was trying to learn as much as i could about the browser. dschoenike
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:55 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

wndertwin is a n00b

Thanks again. I had searched this website prior to posting but came up dry.

I just tried deleting the bookmark file to see if it was somehow corrupted, but it didn't work.

Again, I appreciate you taking the tiime to help!

MK
Old 09-24-2008, 09:04 AM
Give him the KICK!!!

Alrighty, i think i found a possible solution. Try this, delete all the files in the application data/opera/CACHE4 directory or directories depending on where its installed. Try that and let me know how it went. dschoenike
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

wndertwin is a n00b

Sorry for the delay - it seemed like every place I tried to get online after doing your fix, I couldn't get reception.

It appears that your fix has worked - Opera stayed open throughout my train ride into the city. I'll keep using it to confirm that it worked.

Thanks again for taking the time to help!

Regards, MK
Old 09-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Give him the KICK!!!

Hey there. Super, i'm glad that helped. keep me posted on it, and if you run into anymore issues, i'll give ya a hand. dschoenike

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan