PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 12:30 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Displaying contacts saved, First name first

If I enter a new contact and I enter a first and last name, the default always displays the last name first. Is there a way to change it so that it will display the first name first name first by default so I dont have to change it everytime?
Old 09-23-2008, 01:11 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Displaying contacts saved, First name first

Nope. Not that I know of.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Well the trick used to do it like this

[first name][last name][comma]

Ex. John Doe,

Try that and lemme know if it works for you.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

ppc6700freak is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to ppc6700freak Send a message via Yahoo to ppc6700freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
If I enter a new contact and I enter a first and last name, the default always displays the last name first. Is there a way to change it so that it will display the first name first name first by default so I dont have to change it everytime?
What ROM are you running? 6.1 allows you to choose per contact how to "file as:" last, first / first,last / and even last, first (company name)
Old 09-23-2008, 08:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

nutt318 is a n00b

There is a way to do this on the phone as well in Outlook.

Just go into your contacts and then click on that person and hit menu then edit. The six option down is 'File as:' Here is where you can change how it is displayed in your phone.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:43 AM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

but the op said he wants it to be automatic instead of having to do it all the time

Old 09-23-2008, 09:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jye75 is keeping up the good workjye75 is keeping up the good work

Look for a program called Contact Changer v.1.3. It'll change all of your current contacts plus default new ones to what you want.

here's a link..

http://good4every1.blogspot.com/2008...ontact-by.html
Old 09-23-2008, 11:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

What wrong with how I told everyone to do it. Just go in and add a comma at the end of the name. It itsnt done for you automatically but then again how many names do you add a day? Just add a comma when you are adding a contact.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:42 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Threadstarter

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyBear View Post
but the op said he wants it to be automatic instead of having to do it all the time
You have reading comprehension skills.

I'm using 6.1. Fellas, I know that we don't enter in that many contacts, but it's still a pain. Try saving a number that is in your call list. You dont have the file as option there. So, if you wanted to have the first name listed first, you have to go back in contacts and find it. The commas don't work in that menu either. If you use the comma method while entering in a new contact from the regular contact menu, the old comma method works(damn that's old school). Then again, if you're in the regular contacts menu, you can EASILY go down to file as and change the setting. My problem is that if I save a new number from my call list, I always have to go back into contacts to change the setting. An option for default settings would have been nice. Or hell, have the file as option available when saving contacts in the phone call list.

jye75, thanks for the recommendation, but I'll try to keep my phone as clean as possible for now. I correct the contacts each time I save it so I really dont need a program at this point. Even though you didn't provide what I was looking for, you still gave good advice. ahem, ahem.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jye75 is keeping up the good workjye75 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
You have reading comprehension skills.

I'm using 6.1. Fellas, I know that we don't enter in that many contacts, but it's still a pain. Try saving a number that is in your call list. You dont have the file as option there. So, if you wanted to have the first name listed first, you have to go back in contacts and find it. The commas don't work in that menu either. If you use the comma method while entering in a new contact from the regular contact menu, the old comma method works(damn that's old school). Then again, if you're in the regular contacts menu, you can EASILY go down to file as and change the setting. My problem is that if I save a new number from my call list, I always have to go back into contacts to change the setting. An option for default settings would have been nice. Or hell, have the file as option available when saving contacts in the phone call list.

jye75, thanks for the recommendation, but I'll try to keep my phone as clean as possible for now. I correct the contacts each time I save it so I really dont need a program at this point. Even though you didn't provide what I was looking for, you still gave good advice. ahem, ahem.

It's really just something that you run once, and never have to run again, and on my wife's phone, each new entry is defaulted to first name first, but if that's not what you want, no biggie, just throwin' it out there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan