PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 12:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm treo pro
Carrier: sprint

azroadie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP! Bluetooth shuts off using Iguidance and external gps

When using Iguidance with my new mogul and an external GPS (GlobalTop G33), the bluetooth randomly shuts off!!!!

I've had this same problem with my PPC-6700 but it was never this bad. With my 6700, when I was using Iguidance the phones bluetooth would shut off if the device went into any sort of sleep mode. So I simply disabled the power off and backlight timeouts.

Now with my new Mogul and new external GPS (both phone and gps were stolen so both were recently replaced) the bluetooth shuts off regardless of the power/brightness timeout settings. The bluetooth will initally stay on and work just fine from anywhere from 2-20 minutes before shutting off. Then I have to turn the bluetooth back on (this takes several attempts before it actually comes back on) and then I actually have to re-pair the device with the BT!!! This makes using iguidance during my travels virutally impossible.

So now I'm wondering if I have a faulty bluetooth or power connection in my phone and a maybe even a faulty bluetooth decive on top of that. The only think I could determine that seems associated with the bluetooth deactivating was the power to the Mogul. Once the charging indicator disappears (light goes from yellow to green or the "plugged-in" icon in the HTCHomeplug in disappears), it seems that's when the Bluetooth will quit.

Please help!! Thanks!!!

Last edited by azroadie; 09-22-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: HELP! Bluetooth shuts off using Iguidance and external gps

why not just use the internal GPS? it requires a little work but will work with iguidance.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

azroadie is a n00b

I may try that but the response is so good with external that I'm afraid to try internal. My fellow employees have tried the internal with satisfatory results but they all use the external one as they think it's better. Plus I already have bought and paid for the external one
Old 09-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

azroadie is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
why not just use the internal GPS? it requires a little work but will work with iguidance.
But doesn't that require buying GPSgate?
Old 09-24-2008, 05:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

no, it requires you to unlock the phone and cook a custom rom. the ppckitchen and then use the program you already have.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan