PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2008, 10:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 Alltel

Darkfenix_Rizen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rev-A on the Titan 6800

Hello, trying to get my windows 6.1 ppc6800 to work on Alltel's Rev-A network and I am unable to find any sort of upgrade to make it compatible. I emailed HTC and they have not released any updates to make this change which is extremely disappointing as I use my phone for many, many hours as a modem. As a matter of fact, Rev-A compatibility was a key selling point when I bought the phone but it doesn't work!

I did a search and wasn't able to find anything on this subject. I'm hoping someone can enlighten me on a possible work around. I have all the latest firmware and radio versions from Alltel. Thanks in advance!

vTap
S2U2
Battery&Performance
HTChome6
NoSentMessage
internetspeed

Thanks PPC Community!
Old 09-20-2008, 01:43 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Rev-A on the Titan 6800

Which one do you have exactly? Do you have the 3.35 ROM? If so you have Rev. A and if it doesn't work then the towers don't have it yet.

If not, try looking for the 3.35 ROM (it was taken down but links float around some places) and flash that. That is what gives you Rev. A EVDO. I have it here in Hutch and it works great.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Yes, I have 3.35.671.9. Radio version 03.37.20. I've been in the Alltel store where the employee had rev A on his phone but I was on EVDO on my phone. My brother also gets RevA at my house while I only see EVDO. I've also been in 20 different downtown areas across the country (I travel for a living) and no Rev A anywhere.

Thanks for the help.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:27 AM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You have it. There is no indicator on the phone to show that. You just have to tether and run a few speed tests. The sig is from Wichita near a tower.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Cool, thanks for the help Mr!
Old 09-21-2008, 12:51 PM
I see you have a PPC.

You're welcome.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Lurker

bhrutledge is a n00b

I was showing the rA but now it just shows a E?
is the E same thing or faster?

Thanks
Old 11-02-2008, 12:25 PM
I see you have a PPC.

I think it's a specific cab that does that. Try this: http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pos...tanVogue).aspx
Old 11-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC 6800
Carrier: Alltel

Beezil is a n00b

Ok is there a way to get the verizon split signal EVDO over 1X on an alltel PPc6800?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan