PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2008, 09:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

emkorial is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM 6.1 keeps closing apps by itself!

I flashed my Mogul to the stock Sprint 6.1 ROM a while back, and sure wish I didn't.

Amoung the various problems, the phone now kills any runnnig program as soon as the phone is idle for like 30 seconds. It sucks. I want to launch a browser, go to a web page, set down the phone for a little pick, pick it up, and resume where I left off. But you can't, WM 6.1 closes the running program for now problem

Any way to turn this off? It;s making the phone a reall hassle to use.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:36 AM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)
Carrier: Sprint

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
Re: WM 6.1 keeps closing apps by itself!

There is some reg tweaks that you can try. See Windows Mobile 6.1 auto closing programs fix. I made the reg tweaks into a cab. You can try it and see if it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Stops WM6.1 AutoClose.zip (629 Bytes, 108 views) Click for barcode!

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

Why not flash a lighter optomized ROM? I highly reccomend DCD 3.2.6.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness231 View Post
There is some reg tweaks that you can try. See Windows Mobile 6.1 auto closing programs fix. I made the reg tweaks into a cab. You can try it and see if it helps.
Thanks, I'll be trying this shortly!

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 09-25-2008, 12:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus View Post
Why not flash a lighter optomized ROM? I highly reccomend DCD 3.2.6.
I'll second that recommendation.

~John
Old 05-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: MotoQ

jaypers is a n00b

Think I found solution to this. My MotoQ was having apps die like every 10 seconds or so...I went into settings>Home Screen>Time Out and upped it to 10 minutes. I have no idea why, but this stopped it from closing everything.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:22 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypers View Post
Think I found solution to this. My MotoQ was having apps die like every 10 seconds or so...I went into settings>Home Screen>Time Out and upped it to 10 minutes. I have no idea why, but this stopped it from closing everything.
This is a very old thread...and this has no use to the Titan as the Pocket PC verison of Windows Mobile is different than the Smart Phone version of Windows Mobile that the Q has.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan