PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2008, 06:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83
different way to enter bootloader

Has anybody else been able to replicate this way of entering the boot loader?

I found out by accident that you can enter the boot loader by taking the battery out holding power + camera button and putting the battery back in while still holding power + camera. I was messing around with my phone trying different button / battery combos and this worked every time. Might be useful for some of those who don't have a stylus around and need to enter the boot loader.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

Spr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Spr0ckEt Send a message via MSN to Spr0ckEt Send a message via Yahoo to Spr0ckEt
Re: different way to enter bootloader

You don't have to remove the battery, just power button, camera button, and the soft reset switch. But, yes, to answer your question, we use it.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:11 AM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

he already knows bout the power+camera and soft reset button, he was just saying if anybody can get into bootloader with the way he mentions i.e. power + camera and battery inserrt

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

Yes just making a statement.

I do know how to get to it the other way was just wondering if anyone else is able 2 do it that way or has known that method existed?
Old 09-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Tweety...Bear (chick)

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i think i heard that it works before. just never tried it myself. using the battery insert is kinda more troublesome then just pressing the reset button
Old 09-16-2008, 08:18 AM
N00b

crow216 is a n00b

I would think taking the batter out would work as an alternative to any of the other methods considering hitting the reset button just cuts off power.......could be mistaken though.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:19 AM
Tweety...Bear (chick)

it may be the same. why don't u try it out and see? hehe
Old 09-16-2008, 08:26 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

yea, you can also enter bootloader by turning your mogul completely off and then holding camera and powering on (same for holding the L and R soft keys if you wanted to hard reset instead of bootloader)
Old 09-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Again i was just curious as i have never seen it posted before as an alternative to those who ether have a faulty soft reset button or don't have access to their styli or some blunt object to push it in.

As for me i find it easier this way bc i can hold the camera + power buttons with one hand and easily insert the battery.

I find it hard to hold the power + camera button down without my mougl powering on b4 i can get to the soft reset hole. I also have small hands and find trying to hold and push the sylis in while holding the device pushing the power and camera button make it cumbersome for me.

But to each, your results may and probally do vary. This is just my experiance.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan