PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6800

primed is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Reasons to upgrade...???

I was just wondering why a person would upgrade the htc 6800. I could see doing it for the GPS but I have a gps reciever already. So thats not a big deal for me. So, my question is what other reasons are there for me to upgrade?

Can I improve functionality over the original bell rom with WM 6.0?

So far I am noticing that my wifi reception is weak.
the battery charges slow and dies fast.
cell reception is good not great.
Damn dial-up keeps trying to connect when I am using wifi. I don't know why they have it configured like that... oh wait bell might be able to take my money when I don't see that dial up is connected!!

Other than those few things everything is working. Even my bluetooth is working well ... so far.

I am pretty sure from the posts that I have read that I can always upgrade and revert back to my phones current rom at anytime if I don't like the upgrade or if something break I can put the original back and relock teh phone for warrently purposes. Is that accurate?

Steve

Last edited by primed; 09-15-2008 at 09:56 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:43 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Reasons to upgrade...???

the 6800 has gps and there is already a thread like this ( http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37154 ) mods assemble

Old 09-15-2008, 09:56 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

when you upgrade your rom it gives you the latest stuff

Old 09-16-2008, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: VZW

zadok is a n00b

I don't know about others, but I'm flashing/upgrading b/c I support execs who want a smart phone and I'm tired of recommending Blackberries to them.

Why? Upper management can use the Blackberry devices without a lot of freezes and other problems that they would have if they had PocketPCs.

However, Blackberries are a compromise in terms of capabilities versus PocketPCs. And having to support a "Blackberry Enterprise Server" is another drag on limited resources.

So, I'm here reading this stuff to attempt to use the PocketPC technology to empower my users and save some money for the company -- too many platforms and not enough people!

I am in awe of GaMedic, No2Chem, DCD, etc for their efforts to make these devices more competitive with Blackberries.

I still can't recommend a PocketPC phone to management until they are more reliable and perform better -- And I'm talking STOCK ROM, here.
OS ROM: nueROM3 pre3
Old 09-16-2008, 12:29 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If you flash the 3.42.50 radio it is amazing how it improves reception. Plus you can do it from your Storage Card by downloading it and moving it to there and renaming it to TITAIMG.nbh and it allows you to get better reception. Look at GaMedic's thread for flashing instructions.

Also, WM 6.1 has better memory management and people like no2 have really figured out how to make things run better.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

DCD 3.2.6
Radio 3.42.50

'nuff said.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:38 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

20273 and 3.42.50. 'nuff said. lol
Old 09-16-2008, 07:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: VZ

pleasestirme is becoming a great contributor

Upgrading to newer roms and modified builds has made my 6800 more responsive. It has also freed up more program memory which allows for running memory intensive programs such as iGO which would not even launch on my stock rom.

PleaseStirMe

Verizon XV6800
Unlocker---nueSPL-2.47
Radio------3.42.50
ROM-------DCD 4.1.2

Verizon XV6850

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan