PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

ajent is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to ajent Send a message via AIM to ajent Send a message via MSN to ajent Send a message via Yahoo to ajent
Wet mogul problem

Today I dropped my mogul in a cup of iced tea, and immediately pulled it out, took out the battery, and shook the phone. Once I placed the battery back in, it showed the multicolor boot screen, and then slowly faded to black.

Now a few hours later, every time I place my battery in the phone, or plug it in to charge (without battery), the Caps, and FN led light up, then will fade out/pulse. The white watermark is still completely white, so I might get away with getting a refurbished replacement, (again).

Anyone ever experience this? I cannot open it all the way up, since I don't have the tools, just wondering if over night maybe it will dry and i'll be able to turn it back on.

thanks.

Edit: Actually I just tried to turn it on again after posting this, the 2 LEDs still light up, but this time the phone did turn on and display the normal sprint screen, and then screen went back to black.

Last edited by ajent; 09-14-2008 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

anurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regularanurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regularanurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Wet mogul problem

Put it in a bag of uncooked white rice for the night. =)
Old 09-14-2008, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro
Carrier: sprint

nelly48237 is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to nelly48237

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajent View Post
I cannot open it all the way up, since I don't have the tools,
i have opened up one before. the tool can be bought at any homedepot or lowes hardware store. i believe its a number 5 star allen bit. but it's important that you open it up and dry it out. otherwise when they get it and open it up, they will see that it was wet because the water will turn the wires and metal green. it doesn't matter if it doesn't come on or work. just as long as there isn't any signs of water damage inside the phone
Old 09-14-2008, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro II.. With a bionic heart!

Eturnulrs704 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly48237 View Post
i have opened up one before. the tool can be bought at any homedepot or lowes hardware store. i believe its a number 5 star allen bit. but it's important that you open it up and dry it out. otherwise when they get it and open it up, they will see that it was wet because the water will turn the wires and metal green. it doesn't matter if it doesn't come on or work. just as long as there isn't any signs of water damage inside the phone
Not true, theres a small sticker in the phone that turns colors when wet. And u cant avoid it once it gets wet.. Thats how they know if it has water damage.. so best bet is to try and clean it out urself of call it in to insurance.. But try and open it clean it out the let it dry in the windowor something.. But on the plus side if it comes back on it'll be faster than ever due to a caffein boost..
Old 09-14-2008, 11:25 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnulrs704 View Post
Not true, theres a small sticker in the phone that turns colors when wet. And u cant avoid it once it gets wet.. Thats how they know if it has water damage.. so best bet is to try and clean it out urself of call it in to insurance.. But try and open it clean it out the let it dry in the windowor something.. But on the plus side if it comes back on it'll be faster than ever due to a caffein boost..
You are both right. Wires and parts of the board corrode (turn green) and there is a liquid indicator inside the phone that turns red when it gets wet. The service techs are not supposed to purely go on the indicator to determine water damage, if they cant find any other signs of liquid damage they will usually replace it. So open it up, clean it up and take it in to get it swapped out.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

subhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to subhumanderelict

The best thing I heard you can do is to leave it in some dry rice overnight (like anurbanlegand suggested) or, if you have enough of those silica gel packets, use those. Don't use a hair dryer or anything that can force moisture further into the phone.

http://www.wikihow.com/Save-a-Wet-Cell-Phone

Old 09-15-2008, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul On MetroPCS and a Bricked XV6700

fred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I got away with the white sticker turning red by touching it with a cottom swab embebbed in bleach one time, it turns white right away. they gave me a new phonem it worked!. lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Chances are you didn't wait long enough before putting the battery back in and fried one thing or another. Also Sugar is definitely cause a lot of problems, if you dropped it in water it'd be different, I suggest getting it replaced.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro-GPS
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Rangerdave is keeping up the good workRangerdave is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred_dj View Post
I got away with the white sticker turning red by touching it with a cottom swab embebbed in bleach one time, it turns white right away. they gave me a new phonem it worked!. lol
DOH!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 05:11 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Insurance FTW!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan