PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2008, 10:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ultimate Launch/HT Home problems with new ROM??

I had Ultimate Launch working absolutely perfectly in my Verizon XV6800 setup when it was running the stock radio & ROM.

Now, I flashed to 3.42.5 & dcd 3.2.6 which worked super in most ways (I get a 7 satellite GPS lock in about 4 seconds with all the GPS mods) but UL is giving me all kinds of problems.

I originally had my home screen in UL as the HTC Home plug-in & a bunch of program icons below that. With WM 6.1 etc, I installed the HTC 6 tab Home cab & soft reset, & the phone froze so hard I had to do a hard reset. I tried four times & the same thing happened every time.

At that point, I decided the hell with HTC Home, I will use Battery Status with the HTC Home skin instead. I thought that was working fine. I had BS at the top of the opening screen with program shortcuts under it, a 2nd tab with weather panel full screen & a 3rd tab with more program shortcuts. It looked & worked great until I did a soft reset. As soon as I did that, Battery Status refused to load (it gave an error about BT unable to initialize) & I never got it to work again inside UL.

I messed with UL for hours today & at one point, my system got so messed up from it that I had to hard reset again & then restore a BU I made early today with SPB BU.

I absolutely HATE to give up using UL, I paid for it & spent three weeks learning all the ins & outs of it.

If I could get either some version of HTC Home or Battery Status to work from within UL I would be all set. Does anybody have any advice for me?????

~John
Old 09-13-2008, 10:59 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Ultimate Launch/HT Home problems with new ROM??

This is the home screen that was working until I soft reset........

http://www.pbase.com/jmorton10/image/102952344

~John
Old 09-15-2008, 10:44 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

anybody??
Old 09-15-2008, 09:40 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Well, I have done a bunch more testing on this stuff. It didn't help me out much, but I figured I would post the results here as they may help someone else.

No matter what I did, I could not get the HTC Home 6 tab plug-in to work in the new WM 6.1 setup. I did a hard reset & immediately installed the plug-in as the very next step from a .cab file. As soon as I did that, the phone froze solid & has to be hard reset. I tried it more than once with the same result (does anybody know of a different version of HTC Home that might work better??).

I then installed Ultimate Launch which works, but will not load the battery status plug-in that I would like to use instead of HTC Home. Battery Status works fine by itself or with BS & weather panel together as the home screen, but simply will not load from within UL (that same setup worked perfectly with the stock Verizon radio & ROM).

My Home screen now looks like this:

& I think I'm going to leave it that way. I am really getting used to being able to see WP at a glance without switching anything & I have more available program memory than I would with UL running.

The system is running very clean & fast & the GPS works better than my standalone Garmin units (The phone can acquire a lock & start tracking in CoPilot Live 7 while the Garmin is still booting up).

~John

PS: I have two extra XV6800's sitting here & I can produce the exact same results on either one with the new radio & dcd ROM (which I LOVE by the way)

~John
Old 09-16-2008, 01:14 AM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

hey bro i had lots of trouble with htc home plugin with the new 6.1 rom also when it 1st came out...i finally got one to work...ill post it here...i put it in another thread awhile back and got much positive feedback...try this one out and let me know how it works for u ok...also thanks to reeg420 for this...
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTC Home.zip (1.34 MB, 143 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:33 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Thanks Bro, I'll try it today.

I can do a hard reset & BU restore with my eyes closed at this point, so even if it doesn't work it's no big deal.

It pisses me off that Battery Status won't work as it looks just like HT Home if you use the correct skin & uses a LOT less memory to run..............

~John
Old 09-16-2008, 11:17 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

caddieguy,

you're my hero..........

not only did that version of HTC Home work perfectly, but (& I can't explain this) it also fixed battery status to work right also.

now, I can use either one from within UL if I decide to. I need to run a bunch of testing now & see how bad these plug-ins kill the available memory in my Titan because I kinda like both of them.............

~John
Old 09-16-2008, 11:48 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

battery status running inside UL:

Old 09-16-2008, 02:41 PM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
caddieguy,

you're my hero..........

not only did that version of HTC Home work perfectly, but (& I can't explain this) it also fixed battery status to work right also.

now, I can use either one from within UL if I decide to. I need to run a bunch of testing now & see how bad these plug-ins kill the available memory in my Titan because I kinda like both of them.............

~John
haha no prob bro...i been around awhile lol...only draw back to this which i forgot to tell ya...is if u go into ur settings/device info...it will show u ur rom version but the date and other stuff wont show up anymore....not sure why it does this using htc home...but its no big deal to me i dont need to see that stuff anyways....lol....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

tribal9499 is a n00b

Caddieguy, you are the bomb diggity!!!! Been looking everywhere for this. Works great!!!!! I'm giddy like a schoolgirl on prom night to have my Home back!!! Thanks man!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan