PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Mogul no longer rings! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37230)

gar598 09-13-2008 09:02 AM

Mogul no longer rings!

It no longer rings for incoming calls nor does the alarm work. Any ideas? Vibrate works fine.

dlbrummels 09-13-2008 09:29 AM

Re: Mogul no longer rings!

Set for vibrate only ?

dschoenike 09-13-2008 10:47 AM

Greetings. I've been having that same issue for months. My mogul won't ring no matter what setting or ringer i assign to it. And like yours, it vibrates just fine. I originally thought it was an app causing this problem. But about a month or so ago, i did a hard-reset, and installed software 1 program at a time and checked the ringer functionality after each soft-reset. All was well for at least a week, and i swear the ringer just stopped working. So i don't know if it could be a delayed effect of some program i'm running, or just a mogul thing. Oh well, it would be nice to figure what causes this issue. dschoenike

MrObvious 09-13-2008 11:05 AM

Check your ring volume settings. You may have to push the little Stop button on the Sounds and Notifications settings area for setting a phone ring.

frenchie 09-13-2008 11:29 AM

I actually have the problem as well. I do not even get the "Incoming Call" page to pop up. It just sits there and will say I have missed a call. It's very frustrating!

MrObvious 09-13-2008 11:39 AM

Try adjusting your SCI (slot cycle index). Do a search for how to do it because I want you to search for that frenchie. That will help you.

Also, try hard resetting if you haven't or reflashing the ROM.

epsilon 09-13-2008 08:52 PM

Ok I've seen this problem on a few phones I've flashed with custom roms.
It seems if you are running the latest radio and you install any thing from
the ppc kitchen you will lose the incoming call ring/popup. So far it looks
like you have to flash a sprint rom on the phone. I've tested this with three
phones. Two with
RUU_TITAN_SPRINT_WWE_3.35.651.2_RS_TITAN_3.35.04_4 350H_SPCS_AM_Ship.exe

flashed to it and one with the older radio. The older radio will work after a ppc install the new one loses its ring.

hope that helps some one.

GaMedic 09-14-2008 10:19 AM

Sounds like some of you are having issues because of your dialer. Just install a different dialer and see if that helps. I recommend the ones by carlos. The function well on my VZW phone with a kitchen ROM.

myberrysrblack 09-14-2008 07:42 PM

I work for Sprint and a guy came into my store having the same issue. his speaker phone function would work, but not his phone ringing. we hard reseted it and it was fine

crazyactor06 09-17-2008 06:48 PM

PROBLEM: Hey guys. I've had the same problem for about a week. I kept soft reseting thinking it would work better. I didnt. There was also a 1-3min drag of blackness from the animated sprint splash screen to the green windows splash screen from it being powered on. I have a mogul running 6.1.
SOLUTION: The guy at sprint did a powercycle (pop batt out while the phone is powered on for about five min) and cut it back on. It worked like new.

He suggested that we mogul users do that once everyday.