PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2008, 03:30 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Dilemma

My Titan is pretty much dead. It is to the point that it will soft reset itself several times to get a successful boot, randomly freezes and restarts during normal use, overheats a lot just sitting in my pocket, and randomly doesn't charge.

So, I hopped online to the self service phone replacement tool. That site wanted to send me a touch as replacement. I almost took it, thinking it will be fine to hold me off for a month. But now I'm thinking, if they aren't replacing Titans anymore, should I wait until next month, living with a fairly useless phone, then do my replacement? It seems like a gamble, but if they still want to replace it with a Touch, then at that point I could call up and tell them I want Touch Pro replacement because the touch isn't comparable.

Also, the site says it's bare phone only, which it was last time I used the site for replacement. However, my titan's battery would be useless for the Touch, so do they still send bare phone only when they change your model on you?

Anyway, what should I do here? If there's a pretty good chance of getting a Touch Pro in exchange for living with a useless phone for a month, then I'll do it, but I don't want to go phoneless in vein.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:00 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Dilemma

It could just be a bad battery.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Noob
Threadstarter

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level

The battery is fine, it is definitely the phone (because when it freezes, the green service light keeps blinking, and it freezes up when plugged in and screen turned off too). It doesn't seem to lock up if it's in flight mode, though, so maybe it is a bad radio or something.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:04 AM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Maybe. They would send you everything if you were to get the Touch. I couldn't live without my phone though so I would say get it. I would be surprised if they gave you a new phone later on that is a Touch Pro.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:14 AM
Noob
Threadstarter

Yeah, but I can't live without the keyboard, so I could make that case after the TPro is out.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

funny, my camera just went bad and just flashed back to stock to try to get a replacement and was just wondering the same thing. Do I settle for a Touch as the replacement or do I deal with it and of the course the white spots until the pro comes out.

At least my phone still works. If I were you, I would get the replacement and buy the pro when it comes out and then sell the replacement to recoop some funds.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:41 AM
I see you have a PPC.

I suggest using an old phone and just wait a month.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Noob
Threadstarter

Which is worth more at resale... titan or touch? Because if I push the issue and they 'dig up' a titan to send me, it may be worth more to resale that as opposed to the touch. Anyway, I heard that titan is being EOLed sometime in October, so maybe they just stopped refurbing them? Who knows.

Anyway, I have another phone I can use in the interim, albeit on a different line (family member's phone that's currently not in use). So I'll probably just do that and live out the month without my phone in full working order. I guess it is worth the inconvenience for a shot at a free TPro upgrade.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan