PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2008, 05:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPRO
Carrier: Sprint

Poestaboy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SMS - IM style

So I downloaded the HTC update for my Mogul

And I dont like the SMS IM style thing

Before Downloading The Update, People got my text messages in a timely fashion

and Everytime I Soft Reset, It sends everybody the last text i sent them, the text again.....anyway to go back to the old SMS style?

And Another thing.....a while back, when I 1st got my 1st mogul, I downloaded a Upgrade, or kitchen i think, From here..that suited me Very well, this was about 6 or 7 months ago...then my screen busted, and I Got a TOUCH...So now that Im back with the MOGUL i cant remember which one it was that i used.....I was wondering, If someone could please Leave me a link, leading me to the best Rom or kitchen upgrade, that they recommend.., that is on here...

thanks for ur help
Old 09-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work
Re: SMS - IM style

No2Chem is a very popular ROM/kitchen that is on this forum;

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=32232

his also include a program that lets you turn off the Threaded (IM-Like) text messaging. You should check it out.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe
Re: SMS - IM style

I'm currently using DCD 3.2.6 as a rom which is over on XDA (I'd link you but the site seems to be down at the moment). It's a fairly no-frills ROM with a couple skins installed, and it has an option to switch between threaded and non-threaded SMS built in.

I also found this reg entry on XDA that is supposed to switch to non-threaded SMS (Disclaimer: I haven't tried it myself):
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickdeath
There is also this:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Setting s\OEM\SMSInboxThreadingDisabled

DWORD

value set to 1.

You have to create the OEM folder yourself but apart from that it seems to work okay.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan