PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Lurker

mjjsilvers is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
need help installing rom on titan vzw

i just got a new xv6800 on the verizon network and i need some help installing a rom. on my 6700 all i did was install buildos and download the custom roms choose all my settings like bootload version, verizon ect. when i try to do it on my 6800 the same way it gets stuck in when loading the rom and say 0% complete and then my computer tells me to reconnect the device and i do that and it still doesnt work. on some website i read that you have to unlock the phone to install custom roms but i was wandering the proper procedures on how to do it using buildos and whatever else i have to use to install some of these roms plz help thank u
Old 09-11-2008, 03:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff
Re: need help installing rom on titan vzw

you need to unlock it.

Use nueSPL 2.47
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ghlight=nueSPL

After you install that you pretty much go through the same steps as the 6700. That I can think of off the top of my head. Its been a while since I flashed my apache.

EDIT: This will give you more info. It definatly is a little bit scarier the first time you flash a mogul. But after the first one its really easy. Just pay attention to your radio version and that you are using the appropriate one for the rom. Basically all the newer roms that have come out recommend radio 3.42.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33857

Last edited by reeg420; 09-11-2008 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mjjsilvers is a n00b

cool thanks for the help now unlocking it wont disable any features of the phone right? its not like unlocking to put it on another network like sprint or something
Old 09-12-2008, 02:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: VZW

zadok is a n00b

"cool thanks for the help now unlocking it wont disable any features of the phone right? its not like unlocking to put it on another network like sprint or something"

No. The unlocker simply allows you to ungrade the radio and ROM on the device.

"its not like unlocking to put it on another network like sprint or something"

Best to read the instructions very carefully that is in the http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33857 link in the previous message.

If you have Verizon, like I do, then you may want to flash a Sprint OEM ROM and NOT ALLOW the customizations to run -- again read the link, above, very carefully.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:29 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

See, the guys in their infinite wisdom at HTC decided not to let us flash custom ROMs. Well now we can thanks to that program. It is amazing AND easy.

But it should be the same process with BuildOS.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan