PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2
Carrier: VZW

Despiser is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Numerous problems

I recently purchased a Titan and have been fighting trying to get a stable ROM. I'm getting pretty close using NoChems 5067/radio 3.42.40 but still have a few issues I've been unable to resolve so I thought I throw them out and see if others have had the same issues.

1. WiFi try's to connect on each soft reset when the unit is turned back on.

2. I'm not sure what the exact name is but the word suggestions while typing do not show up even though it is on. I seem to recall a reg fix on the Apache but cannot find anything on the titan.

3. MS Voice Command rarely recognizes anything I say. I YELL the command and occasionally it will work. It's like the mic is turned down even though it is set to max.

4. Volume is very low.

5. Dialers. I used the iBliss dialer on my Apache but I cannot receive calls with it on the Titan. Any fixes? The dialers available in the Kitchen is pretty weak. Finding one that the arrows and ##codes work and looks good is very difficult. I've settled on the Dual Touch dialer but am not happy about the way it looks. Any suggestions for dialers?

All in all I'm very satisfied with this Rom and thank all involved in the Kitchen. I'm getting close to a perfect setup.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Numerous problems

I used the Kitchen (build 20273) and have had no issues what-so-ever. My WiFi and BT work just fine. The Word Suggestion is in the same place as it was on WM5 (6700). It is Start -> Settings -> Inout -> Word Completion. I never had a use for MSVC so I cant offer anything on it. There are a few ways to bump the volume I think. One of those is the audiopara cab file I think. Yeah the dialers ae hit and miss. I use the black and silver one but cannot tell you exactly which one it is.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:57 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

20273 has been very stable here. You may have to turn the mic down because of distortion for MVC. I'm gonna try 20478 soon maybe but I would love to get my hands on a nueROM 3.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2
Threadstarter

Despiser is a n00b

I went ahead and flashed to 20478 but have the same problems. Occasionally MSVC will work but rarely. WiFi stills starts on a soft reset. Volume is very low. I thought the Apache had volume issues hehe. Word completion still missing in action. Could it be another app causing these problems? I would think someone else would be having these same issues if it is widespread.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:40 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

20273 is more stable for me than 748.

Try posting your selections.txt.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan