PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2008, 11:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC PPC 6800
Carrier: US Cellular

duhtroll is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone buttons - help

I'm on my replacement Mogul (first one bricked) for about a month now.

On the old one, I could have sworn that the green and red phone buttons would behave as follows:

Green phone - brings up phone kepypad on 1st press, redial last # on second press

Red phone - ends call on 1st press, exits phone on 2nd press.

Now with this new one, the green button on the 1st press will automatically redial. I hate that. I was able to take the phone icon off my today screen because I had the green phone button doing that same function -- now I hit it out of habit and end up dialing whoever I was talking to last (even if it was an incoming call).

The red phone now will no longer end a call if the person called me. SOMETIMES it will end the call if I placed it, and sometimes it won't. I have put the phone down and had people tell me the phone didn't hang up and they could hear conversations after I thought the call had ended (thankfully nothing bad).

This is really pissing me off.

1) Should the phone be doing this?

2) Can I fix it and reassign the buttons to do what they did on my other phone? How? I have tried reassigning the buttons using the settings but the phone buttons don't appear in the list.

Thanks
Old 09-11-2008, 11:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Phone buttons - help

Mine works you yours first did, but did yours always do this or has something changed? You cannot change (not in the settings menu anyway) what the talk and end button control.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:22 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

duhtroll is a n00b

I believe it is just this new phone that has done it since I got it.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

davidgelb is just getting started

Have you tried a hard reset? Have you installed anything, or did it do that straight out of the box?

That definitely doesn't sound normal. If it isn't due to any apps you installed, and if a hard reset doesn't fix it, I would take it back in to the Sprint store and have their tech take a look at it. If they can't fix it, they should order you a replacement. (Do you have insurance?)

Good luck! Let us know what you find out.

-David
Old 09-11-2008, 04:40 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i believe its the replacement unit. Especially if its a refurb unit and not brand new.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 09-11-2008, 10:42 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

duhtroll is a n00b

I do have insurance (it's how I got this phone when the first one became a paperweight) and will be taking it back to USCellular to see what they say. I am sure they will try to blame me somehow like they did last time, even though it is obvious the phone has not a scratch on it.

I am running spb pocket plus and wow vibrate along with weatherpanel and a custom today theme.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:45 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

duhtroll is a n00b

Is a hard reset going to wipe all my customizations?

If so, taking 2 hours to customize a new phone sounds preferable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgelb View Post
Have you tried a hard reset? Have you installed anything, or did it do that straight out of the box?

That definitely doesn't sound normal. If it isn't due to any apps you installed, and if a hard reset doesn't fix it, I would take it back in to the Sprint store and have their tech take a look at it. If they can't fix it, they should order you a replacement. (Do you have insurance?)

Good luck! Let us know what you find out.

-David
Old 09-18-2008, 01:12 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

duhtroll is a n00b

OK, I have given this some more time and I think the phone buttons work properly after each soft reset (like we're supposed to do every day). But once I run the phone for a while, play music, etc. it will go back to immediately redialing when I hit the green phone (instead of just bringing up the phone screen) and won't hang up when I hit the red phone during a call.

Does this help anyone figure out what might be causing it?
Old 09-18-2008, 08:45 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

duhtroll is a n00b

OK, it's definitely related to TCMP 0.72RC1 that was included in the "youtube setup" package that allows one to play streaming youtube video.

I soft reset, then phone buttons work normally. I launch TCMP to play any tune for any length of time, phone buttons go wacky.

I've reinstalled TCMP and hopefully that will keep this from happening again - we'll see.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan