PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 01:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: ppcgeeks and sprint

Jeep911 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Jeep911 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeep911
sling box for mogul

was interested in getting sling box for the sole purpose of being bored at work, im sure most can relate. wondering how well it runs on the mogul. i really would just like to get some input from the geek family of the pros and cons , and any advise on which unit to purchase and all that noise. any help will be met with much thanks

ph
Old 09-08-2008, 02:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The 3VO
Carrier: Sprint for service PPC geeks for eerythang else :)

toinejuan is keeping up the good worktoinejuan is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to toinejuan Send a message via Yahoo to toinejuan
Re: sling box for mogul

I was curious about that meself, I went on the website and they offer a 30 day trial. I suppose you could try that and see how it works and quality and all.......cheers
Old 09-08-2008, 07:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I use a Slingbox Pro all day at work with my Verizon XV6800 & it is totally awesome.

I bought the Pro so I can watch a different channel than the TV is set on at home when I want to.

I get 200 cable TV channels including HBO on demand & I use it constantly.

Just make sure you have a few spare batteries on hand (I have six batteries & four cradles for my phone....)

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:35 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

By the way, if anybody needs a:

SLING MEDIA SLINGLINK TURBO 4-PORT POWERLINE ETHERNET CONNECTION BRIDGE: (TRANSFORM ANY ELECTRICAL OUTLET INTO a 4 PORT NETWORK HUB)

I have a brand new one (the box has never been opened) that I will sell cheap. PM me for details. This can be used for a Slingbox or any gaming system etc. that need a hard wired ethernet connection.

~John
Old 09-08-2008, 09:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody

Slingbox is the ultimate on the go source for T.V., DVR, Satlelite Radio, DVD, and even VHS. The clarity is unbelievable. It works fantastic on the Mogul. Not a bad investment at all.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: ppcgeeks and sprint
Threadstarter

Jeep911 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Jeep911 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeep911

one of my main concerns was weather or not the video stream was choppy in anyway. also if im watching tv say on my phone and my girlfriend is using the cable box am i limited to what she is watching and vis versa .... cause damn i dont think i could stand watching crappy crick shows and movies

ph
Old 09-08-2008, 10:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cocochannel is becoming a great contributor

is it possible to use slingbox to get my sprint tv im getting from the mogul to work on a regular tv?
Old 09-08-2008, 10:35 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep911 View Post
one of my main concerns was weather or not the video stream was choppy in anyway. also if im watching tv say on my phone and my girlfriend is using the cable box am i limited to what she is watching and vis versa .... cause damn i dont think i could stand watching crappy crick shows and movies

ph

If you have a decent connection, the picture quality is really outstanding. I have Roadrunner Turbo at home running through a Linksys G router.

If you have the Slingbox Pro with the HD connect setup, you can watch TV from the internal analog cable tuner on a different channel than the home TV running from a cable box. That is what I do, when I am using the analog input I only get basic cable (no HBO etc), but the home TV can be on a different channel from the box. If my Wife is not home (or watching in a different room), I can use the feed from the cable box on the phone.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:36 AM
VIP Member

To add to this, my Sling Mobile works perfectly 99% of the time while driving down the road in my truck.........

~John
Old 09-08-2008, 12:04 PM
cg1492

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I love mine, I mainly use it for work since I work for the cable co and nee to check if channels are off the air. The quality over all is very good, it will hickup ever now and then but I blame it on the connection. I also have a personal one I use and like it ver much.

Hey jmorton10, I though verizon frowned upoin slingboxs since they are not made, supported, controled by verizon. I was under the impression you were not allowed to stream anything to the phone that is not controlled by verizon? I want to switch back to verizon but have always feared about getting disco's since I would be using my slingbox.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan