PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2008, 08:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

collindv is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Previous 6700 owners, please read and comment

To those out there that have previously owned 6700's and now use the 6800. I have used a verizon 6700 for the past 1.5 years and am coming up on my new every two renewal period in a week or so. My questions is this, is it worth upgrading from the 6700 to the 6800, or will I not see enough of a difference to make it worth it? I like my 6700 running a custom WM6.0 kitchen and have become accustomed to it's occasional and random lockups, slow downs, soft resets, etc. From my understanding, the only real benefits of the 6800 would be EVDO rev A, working internal GPS with a custom kitchen, and 128MB more RAM.

With the touch pro on the horizon, I would really like to hold out for that, but I know it will be out of my price range for at least a year I would say. I'm not big on paying more than $200 or so for a phone.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Previous 6700 owners, please read and comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by collindv View Post
To those out there that have previously owned 6700's and now use the 6800. I have used a verizon 6700 for the past 1.5 years and am coming up on my new every two renewal period in a week or so. My questions is this, is it worth upgrading from the 6700 to the 6800, or will I not see enough of a difference to make it worth it? I like my 6700 running a custom WM6.0 kitchen and have become accustomed to it's occasional and random lockups, slow downs, soft resets, etc. From my understanding, the only real benefits of the 6800 would be EVDO rev A, working internal GPS with a custom kitchen, and 128MB more RAM.

With the touch pro on the horizon, I would really like to hold out for that, but I know it will be out of my price range for at least a year I would say. I'm not big on paying more than $200 or so for a phone.
As a former 67 user, YES, it is very much worth it. The camera is better, my volume is much more loud and I actually have to turn it down at times. The keyboard is better laid out. The extra ROM space is a plus. The ability to do TRUE GPS is great.

However, I got my 68 on an insurance upgrade but I also will be looking to get the Touch Pro or Diamond Pro or Raphel or whatever they call it now. But also like you, the price will be a factor.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:27 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ya I also say its worth it. For all the same reasons weeds said but the biggest one to me was "Its a new phone".
I must confess thoe I too will be making the slide to the Pro when it comes out.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

jimnutt is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to jimnutt Send a message via MSN to jimnutt Send a message via Yahoo to jimnutt Send a message via Skype™ to jimnutt

I got mine as an insurance replacement and have been very happy with it. The much larger storage memory means that putting a lot of OEMs into a custom ROM is no longer necessary, so upgrades are easier to deal with. The initial upgrade to a custom rom is a bit scarier than on the apache, but not too difficult.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:46 AM
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

OH YEAH!!! That was a big one to me too. I needed something new to bring back my interest in it. THX for helping me remember that one LSME420
Old 08-28-2008, 10:26 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

the 6800 is worth the step up for sure, but perhaps you could hold out on them, talk to retentions about how you are looking at another carier because of (price/features/phones/whatever) and see if you can't get a little help stepping to the touch pro, or only a year contract (getting you to the pro in a year).

Good luck!
Old 08-28-2008, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

collindv is just getting started

Yes, that's my big problem. I have the itch for a new phone NOW! I really, really want the touch pro, but my guess is it will take at least a year to get down to a price I am willing to pay.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:46 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sprint was running a special that mostly every one was eligible for a $150 rebate.
Maybe its still going on.
Check your upgrade discount without signing on >
Old 08-28-2008, 11:24 AM
VIP Member

Well like I said earlier, I had a 67 and got the 68 as an insurance upgrade and my contract is up about the time the Diamond Pro will be out so I can use that hopefully. Why not try an insurance upgrade?
Old 08-28-2008, 11:38 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

one thing that was touched on but not fully thought out is the the keyboard. while the 6800 keyboard was an improvement over the 6700, however it slides out from the opposite side. the touch pro goes back to the 6700 style (kinda)
it took me a few months to totally get used to the 6800's keyboard, and I'm not looking forward to doing it again, although I will likely get a touchpro.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan