PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   I just did my first ROM flash & have a few ?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36986)

jmorton10 09-10-2008 10:47 AM

I just did my first ROM flash & have a few ??

I use an XV6800 on Verizon. I had made plenty of tweaks to it, installed a ton of programs etc, but I never had the nerve to reflash the thing as I need it for work every day & if I "bricked it" it would be a total disaster.

I decided to buy a 2nd 6800 to play with & not activate it until I got it customized to my liking. I picked up a mint 6800 from a guy who switched to Sprint to save some $ & started messing with it.

I unlocked it, then installed radio 3.42.50 & dcd 3.2.6 ROM & everything went perfectly after I figured out how to get out of a "frozen in the boot-loader" condition. I then installed a Verizon carrier cab & Arcsoft mms.

I have WM 6.1 & everything seems to work perfectly. I originally tried to restore a recent BU I had made with SPB Backup in "ROM update" mode, but that didn't work well at all. I also had a recent Sprite BU & restoring that really didn't work either so I slowly rebuilt/restored all my programs from scratch.

Under settings/system/device information it now says:

ROM version: dcd 3.3.6
ROM date: 08/22/08
Radio version: 3.42.50
Protocol version: DCAAXOM-4350H
Hardware version: 0003
PRL version: 50949
PRI version: 1.35_002
Browser version MSIE 6.0
ESN: ********
Current User name: 0000000369@vzw3g.com
ERI version: 4

I am basically ready to activate it with Verizon. I will go to verizonwireless.com & do an ESN swap which is simple (I have done it a bunch of times). My question is, what else do I need to do at that point to make sure my phone & unlimited data work correctly???

TIA guys, I LOVE this site.......
~John

jmorton10 09-10-2008 02:13 PM

Re: I just did my first ROM flash & have a few ??

Anybody??

~John

scrosler 09-10-2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 410040)
Anybody??

~John

Thats about it. There really is nothing else. Just test the phone after the ESN swap. You should be fine. I have done it at least 10 times this past few weeks. If you have any problems post them and I and am sure others will try to help if you run into any issues.

Good luck!

jmorton10 09-10-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrosler (Post 410078)
Thats about it. There really is nothing else. !

OK, thanks. I thought I had read that it would need a new A-key or something else after a swap like this.

I will try it tonight, heck even if it doesn't work I can always immediately swap back to the original ESN.

I know the GPS works in the new unit, I started the HTC GPS helper app this morning & within probably two minutes it had a solid green lock on five satellites.

~John

GaMedic 09-10-2008 04:16 PM

You will basically be assigned an akey when you have it activated. The akey issue I believe is happening only with phones that were already activated when the new Radio ROM is added.

weedahoe 09-11-2008 07:16 AM

Yeah, the worse thing I can think of is having to call the carrier and get the A-Key reassigned as GaMedic said. It is something most of us have had to do at some point

jmorton10 09-11-2008 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaMedic (Post 410198)
The akey issue I believe is happening only with phones that were already activated when the new Radio ROM is added.

That must be, because I activated the ESN last night then did a *228 option 1 & 2 & everything works perfectly.

I couldn't believe it when Google maps got a 5 sattelite GPS lock & showed my house while the phone was on my kitchen table (my Garmin units won't do that)

~John