PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

chaptap566 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Reactivate Phone after Flash and Updated Rom

Hello PPCGeeks!, This is my First forum post, even though i have been around the website for a week or so now, reading and learning. I am A total Newb, however i have figured most of it out for myself. I finally took the big plunge today, and was able to Flash My verizon xv6800 to cricket, and get the sms and wap, and gps featured on the phone. I used Oilpro 2.4 to unlock my phone. Then i used PPC Kitchen and updated everything, and reloaded my rom onto the phone. Everything seems to be working fine, except how do i get my phone working again? as i said i have been looking around, and i see something about carrier cabs or prls, i think these have something to do with it,..im not sure what these are and how to go about fixing it. If someone could point me in the right direction i would be most appreciative. Thx for your time!

Last edited by chaptap566; 09-09-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Threadstarter

chaptap566 is a n00b
Re: Reactivate Phone after Flash and Updated Rom

***UPDATE***

Ok I downloaded a cricket carrier cab file, and put it into my device to install. When i try to install the cab file it wont let me, says "dcd cricket carrier" cannot be installed. Try another location. i have plenty of space on my phone and mem card. can anyone give me a hand plz?
Old 09-09-2008, 05:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Was Using 6800
Carrier: Was alltel

ephone1 is just getting started

Did you use the PPCGeeks version of BuildOS or DCD's from xda-developers.com? If you used PPCGeeks, you should have selected Cricket on the menu bar at the top of the program. You would only have to run the carrier cab if you used another version of BuildOS, such as DCD's

That said, are you able to dial a number and get an error message? Or is does the display an X where the signal bar is located at the top of the screen? If you are able to call, but are getting an error, you have to go through a programing routine with your carrier. I am not sure about Cricket, but the usual way is to dial *228 and press dial on other carriers. The voice menu should have an option to program your phone.

Last edited by ephone1; 09-09-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Lurker

namrepus is a n00b

I have the same problem, I am flashing an instinct phone to cricket. and im not sure how to get my service transferred over. I used Cdma workshop

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan