PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?
Carrier: Sprint

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Newb today screen question?

Ok so I plan to search the forum but I just want a basic starting point. What exactly do I need to do to customize my own today screen?

Here is what I think I need to do..

1st- Unlock phone, get a reg editor and unlock the phone manualy?
2nd- Download a kitchen?
3rd- Download someones ROM?
4th- Edit ROM to my liking and install on phone?

Is this the right proccess? I just want the basic steps so I at least no where to begin with search.

Thanks, Thomas
Old 03-22-2009, 02:59 PM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP
Re: Newb today screen question?

Unless you're flashing to a custom ROM with a UI built into it, ie Manilla, then the ROM has nothing to do with it. There are umpteen different programs that let you customize your Today screen. Examples - HTC Home Plugin, UltimateLaunch, SPB Mobile Shell, Wisbar Advanced Desktop, PointUI, rl Today, iFonz, etc... Search the forum. All of these and more have been discussed extensively.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:28 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilk View Post
Ok so I plan to search the forum but I just want a basic starting point. What exactly do I need to do to customize my own today screen?

Here is what I think I need to do..

1st- Unlock phone, get a reg editor and unlock the phone manualy?
2nd- Download a kitchen?
3rd- Download someones ROM?
4th- Edit ROM to my liking and install on phone?

Is this the right proccess? I just want the basic steps so I at least no where to begin with search.

Thanks, Thomas
unlock= making it so you can flash a radio and rom
kitchen=where u build a rom

if u download someone elses rom, u dont need a kitchen.. if your going to build your own you would need to then.. ...

the poster above me gave you very good examples of what your looking for..
Old 03-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

So I can download a program just to customize my today screen I dont need to do any of that other stuff basicly. So what exactly is the point of upgrading the rom then? Is it so you can add diffrent I.E. 's and other programs?
Old 03-22-2009, 09:07 PM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP

Custom ROMs usually eliminate any carrier junk that was added to the device. They also increase overall performace, speed, memory management, battery life, etc. You can also cook programs into a custom ROM so they don't have to be installed separately.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thank you alot guys I figured out what I wanted to do now
Old 03-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilk View Post
Thank you alot guys I figured out what I wanted to do now
You should go back and hit the green "Thanks" button in the corner of their posts to show 'em your appreciation

-Keir-

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan