PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2008, 05:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon & wireless sync

When my XV6800 was stock, it had Verizon Wireless sync already installed which seemed to be the only way I could reliably send/receive my Roadrunner email (& it worked really well)

Now, after flashing to the dcd 3.2.6 I no longer have the vzw app. I went to the vzw site, but I could not figure out how to DL/install the program (the site says "it's already installed in your phone")

Does anybody know how to get this app or work around it?? If I just set up a new RR email account, it will receive email but will never send or reply to anything....

~John
Old 09-12-2008, 09:36 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Verizon & wireless sync

Download the nueTools and use the ExtROM unlocking app and the cab should be there. The ExtROM is usually a part of phone memory for stock apps like that.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:39 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Download the nueTools and use the ExtROM unlocking app and the cab should be there. The ExtROM is usually a part of phone memory for stock apps like that.
Thanks for the response. I DL'ed the Nue program & driver & installed both but I can't figure out how to view the ROM???

I see the ext ROM program under system settings & it is activated, but how do I use it??

Sorry for the noob question, I'm sure I could figure this out myself but I'm at work & I would like to know the answer before I get home tonight without getting fired....

~John
Old 09-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: verizon

nylaw is a n00b

The site says that it is installed on your phone as it assumes your phone has the stock rom on it. It isn't actually seeing it on your phone. You need to download the client cab and install it on your phone. If you lowered your data plan to the $29.95 plan Verizon cuts the wireless sync off.

http://ota.wsync.com/
Old 09-12-2008, 08:58 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I figured it out. I installed the app on my old phone & extracted the vzw app from the extended ROM. The extended ROM viewer doesn't work in my current phone with the newest dcd ROM for some reason.

The data plan has nothing to do with it, I needed the wireless sync app that came pre-installed in my first XV6800. As soon as I installed that, everything worked fine (my Verizon wireless sync account backs up all my contacts/appointments etc on line also)

~John
Old 09-13-2008, 12:53 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Glad I could help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan