PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 08:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

bones20 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dialer Pops up everytime I slide out the keyboard

I have this weird problem on my HTC Mogul 6800 (Sprint). Everytime I slide out my keyboard, the dialer starts up. Any ideas?

Sequence to reproduce the issue:
1. Slide out the keyboard.
2. press any key - the dialer pops up

BTW, I am using Paul's dialer found here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=525

thanks

Last edited by bones20; 09-08-2008 at 09:43 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:28 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Dialer Pops up everytime I slide out the keyboard

check slide sounds in your settings it may be config. to pop up or check ur reg. here [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell]
"ShowTitleBarClock"=dword:00000002

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell]
Its set to 1. should it be 2?
Old 09-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
check slide sounds in your settings it may be config. to pop up or check ur reg. here [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell]
Wait... isn't that to show the clock on the titlebar? I think the OP is trying to get the Dialer to stop popping up.

Same thing happens to me, except it's always there when I close a program. Seems to be related to phonealarm only, though.

Last edited by [sammich]; 09-08-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Wait... isn't that to show the clock on the titlebar? I think the OP is trying to get the Dialer to stop popping up.

Same thing happens to me, except it's always there when I close a program. Seems to be related to phonealarm only, though.
How are you dealing with it currently? actually, the behaviour is random. I dont know the specific sequence to reproduce it. but most of the time it is somehow tied up with the sliding keyboard

EDIT: Actually i am able to reproduce it.

Last edited by bones20; 09-08-2008 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones20 View Post
How are you dealing with it currently? actually, the behaviour is random. I dont know the specific sequence to reproduce it. but most of the time it is somehow tied up with the sliding keyboard
I really only deal with it by closing the phone, or if necessary, performing a soft-reset. It MIGHT have to do with opening and closing the Phone App too many times [perhaps from making/receiving many calls]. I hope that the issue is fixed in the new HTC phones, and maybe even in the next Titan ROM

EDIT:
Quote:

EDIT: Actually i am able to reproduce it.
Oh, now I understand. What is happening on my device when I follow those steps is that the contact finder is looking for a number that has the letters you typed in it. It is like contact searching. The only way to avoid it happening is to not type on the today screen. It's pretty annoying actually

Last edited by [sammich]; 09-08-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:09 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

guys its a glitch just set the reg key to 2 and all ur problems will be solved
Old 09-08-2008, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
guys its a glitch just set the reg key to 2 and all ur problems will be solved
I followed your instructions. soft reset. The issue still persists. DO you think it has anything to do with me installing paul's dialer?
Old 09-08-2008, 10:56 PM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
I followed your instructions. soft reset. The issue still persists. DO you think it has anything to do with me installing paul's dialer?
Probably not as I have a stock dialer, but I have the same issue. I think it was meant to be a feature, but its more annoying than useful
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Wow thanks. That was driving me crazy! For me the phone pad would pop up every time I exited form a system setting applet. I never realized how much that was slowing my phone down as well. This worked perfect.

Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan