PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation WIFI Connection problems.. and FIX!

Ok, I was having problems with my WIFI connection all of a sudden not holding a connection to ANY wifi network, WEP or not. I seem to have fixed it so I am posting my solution in here.

I *LOVE* the program WIFIFOFUM. You can use it in conjunction with GPS and drive around and it will log the wireless networks it picks up, their details, and the GPS co-ordinates where it detected it so you can export the file to KML.. or is it KLM , and open it on Google Earth or Google Maps and see where all the open and secured wifi hotspots are in your neighborhood!

Ok, it really is so fun! It's amazing how it looks once you import the results into Google Earth. You might be surprised at how many hot spots there are in your own block!

Anyhow, there is an option on the program called "Agressive Scanning" and it's set to 500 miliseconds by default. If you select it it warns you that you will not be able to actually USE any WIFI connections because it will keep dropping you. However here's the kicker.. apparently even after you EXIT the application the setting sticks to your WIFI. I could not figure out for 4 days why I wasn't able to connect... well.. I had tried disabling the agressive scanning but that did not fix it.. but when I changed the milliseconds to their max value.. THAT fixed it. So.. looks like there is a bug in this application, but it's still a great app. Just thought I'd give you a head's up.

Just an FYI incase anyone else has a similar problem!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan