PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

quiqnezz is keeping up the good workquiqnezz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Audio Manager stopped working...

So I went to try and play music today on my Mogul and all of a sudden it started quickly scrolling through all the songs and it won't stop. I can still access all the menus and everything but when I get to the actual play screen all I see is all my songs scrolling on by really fast and it won't stop. None of the buttons do anything.

I tried uninstalling it and it froze up during the uninstall. But it seemed to have removed it. I tried reinstalling it a few times now and it still does the same thing. And I also noticed that Windows media player now doesn't work as well. The icon for the player is there but when I try to run it nothing happens.

I also used memaid to do the uninstall and deleted the remaining files. The only two things that I can think of that may have screwed it up is the installation of quickmenu recently. Or a sync with mediaplayer that I just recently did. I still don't know how to totally use that thing and I have somehow setup two device profiles for my phone on my PC and can't seem to delete one of them.

The MP3's still seem to be on my card. I might try and delete them all and put them back on the card when I get home. I also have a backup from SPB from last week and was thinking of doing a full restore but not really wanting to do that if I can help it.

Anybody else come across this problem?
Old 09-08-2008, 12:09 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: HTC Audio Manager stopped working...

after i read your post i went and tried both of my players, (same as yours) and no problems. if you have everything backed up i would hard reset. the double phone profile worries me though. goodluck
Old 09-08-2008, 12:13 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i had the same thing happen a couple weeks ago, i completely uninstalled it. i didnt really like using it, i prefer S2P and the diamond mp3 trimmer.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 09-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

quiqnezz is keeping up the good workquiqnezz is keeping up the good work

Ok, I did a restore of my phone from the SPB backup file I had created a week ago and it still did the same thing.

Then I happened to look at my memory card and saw that it was completely full! I remember when sync'n up with WMP on my pc yesterday that it had stated that my device was full after the sync. I deleted a few of the songs off my card and both audio manager AND WM player started working again.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bhopki001 is a n00b

Do you have the cab to this.. I had it but cannot find it.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:22 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhopki001 View Post
Do you have the cab to this.. I had it but cannot find it.
cab for what? i have s2p audiomanager and backup. the backup you have to get a trial for but i have link.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan