PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   cant download internet images (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36738)

BlaqMogul 09-07-2008 12:14 PM

cant download internet images

Im having a problem with downloading internet pictures. when I hold the stylus down on a image, the option to save image comes up. But when I select it, an error message comes up stating 'error unable to save file'. I never had this problem before with the 3.35 rom update. I now have the official 3.56 rom update and im using the stock PIE. Is there a reg tweak that would fix this or am I screwed. Thanks in advance.

JMAC303 09-07-2008 02:43 PM

Re: cant download internet images

I get this too. There are a few things you can try that work for me.

Back out from the pic and go back in. Try saving now.

If that doesn't work, delete all the temp files from PIE: Menu > Tools > Options > Memory tab > Delete Files. Then try reloading the image and saving it.

If that doesn't work, move the location of your temp folder by hacking the registry (i.e. to your storage card). Restart the phone, open IE, and try again. If the other two things I listed don't work, and you don't know how to do this suggestion, just reply and let me know. I'll try and walk you through it.

BlaqMogul 09-07-2008 04:18 PM

I tried the first two with no avail......can you walk me thru the reg hack...I've been trying to send my temp files to my storage card for the longest. Thanks for the quick response.

weedahoe 09-09-2008 08:05 AM

Try another browser other than IE. Seriously.

BlaqMogul 09-09-2008 06:44 PM

Using another browser is a good option(and its starting to look like my ONLY option due to the large amounts of responses that I received) but here is the thing : one day I can DL pics from websites using IÈ and the next day, I can't. Its not making any sense. I used Opera mini but it takes up too much memory on my phone (data-wise). I just want to fix the problem. I did a google search of the problem and NO ONE has given a direct answer. The one thing that I didn't try was to DL pics using the Opera Mini program. I can DL any other files (PPC and non PPC files) without any issues so why are the pics giving me so much grief. Thanks for the help in advance

CozBoogie 09-09-2008 06:48 PM

You can also consider adding MultiIE to your existing PIE. Among other things it easily allows you to:

Save images,
Copy link addresses
View link addresses
Have tabbed web pages
and more.

late,
Coz

BlaqMogul 09-09-2008 07:26 PM

where can I find the MultiIE program....I did another google search and found two of them from two different manufacturers..if you have cab for the program, can you send it this way? Thanks!

P.S. Am I the ONLY one wih this progam? I think it might be a problem with WM 6.1.....I downloaded the offcial ROM

jye75 09-09-2008 08:03 PM

You aren't the only one with this problem... yesterday I was able to save pictures from IE, and today I keep getting the same error you are.

BlaqMogul 09-09-2008 08:03 PM

Update : I tried PIE Plus......its a cool program but I still have the same problem with the pics

jye75 09-09-2008 09:57 PM

Anyone know what this suggested fix means? I got this from HTC Wiki concerning this problem:

"If you haven't resolved this already, then you may want to look into the header structure of the HTTP response. It should include the Content-Length of the file AND either no Cache-Control header or "public" for the Cache-Control value (there may be other values that work as well - but this fixed my similar problem).

Good Luck and let us know your solution..."