PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 10:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

BlaqMogul is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BlaqMogul
Re: cant download internet images

Thanks jye75 for the info......I came across the same post last week. maybe im stupid but it doesn't make sense to me. this is really starting to make me angry......its not like it NEVER worked in the past. it just stopped out of NOWHERE. and its not a problem with the ROM update...my friend has the same phone and rom update and he has no problem with DLing pics. SOS PPC Geeks! I have faith in you guys (and / or gals)!
Old 09-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Here's the link for MultiIE in case anyone is interested:

http://www.southwaycorp.net/multiie.htm

late,
Coz
Old 09-10-2008, 12:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JMAC303 is just getting started

Using a registry editor, navigate to: HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/Shell Folder
You will see keys for Cache, Cookies, and History. The default locations (on WM6.1) are:
\Windows\Profile\Guest\Cookies
\Windows\Profile\Guest\Cache
\Windows\Profile\Guest\History

You can edit the keys and change those to \Storage Card\*folder name here*

This moves the temp folder locations to the storage card. Restart the device and open PIE. PIE may crash or freeze up, and it may just work, I've experienced both. Doesn't matter either way because we just want to "unlock" the files in the original temp folders.

Close the browser and go to the original locations of the temp folders (\Windows\Profile\Guest).

Delete all three of them and then change the registry back (or not if you want to use the storage card as your temp folder location. I haven't had good luck with that though).

Restart the device and when you go to your image you should now be able to save it.

Like I said man, I have been through the EXACT same thing and could not fix it until I did this. It has happened to me two times now, and this fixed it both times.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jye75 is keeping up the good workjye75 is keeping up the good work

Tried editing those reg keys, but it comes back as access denied.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

You can also use MemMaid or SKTools to easily assign location of cookies, cache, and history. It's easier to do use one of the above then to dig around in the registry. It also makes going back to an original setting easier too.

late,
Coz
Old 09-10-2008, 06:13 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

i want to thank eveyone for helping me but i think i might know what the problem is......my virtual memory is critically low. While i was trying to figure out how long I had this problem and what programs i've installed during that time when it hit me; my virtual memory. A popup bubble came up while i was searching the net one day saying that my "Virtual Memory was Critically Low"....that still leaves me with another problem......how can i fix the virtual memory? is it the same solution as with the PC (task manager)? please let me know.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:12 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

JMAC303 is the f..king MAN!!!!!I followed your instructions to a T and it worked......everythinthat you said would happened, happened.........Thanks again for helping me and whoever else had this problem.......you should post this for futurer reference.....PPC GEEKS R THE ISH!!!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 06:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JMAC303 is just getting started

EXCELLENT!

I'm glad it worked out for you man.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:35 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqMogul View Post
i want to thank eveyone for helping me but i think i might know what the problem is......my virtual memory is critically low. While i was trying to figure out how long I had this problem and what programs i've installed during that time when it hit me; my virtual memory. A popup bubble came up while i was searching the net one day saying that my "Virtual Memory was Critically Low"....that still leaves me with another problem......how can i fix the virtual memory? is it the same solution as with the PC (task manager)? please let me know.
Just search for memory manager on the forums.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan