PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2008, 12:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon XV 6800
Carrier: Verizon

tcolling is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Spb Backup - Scheduled backups produce corrupt files 50% of the time

I have Spb Backup 2.0 and I'm using it on a Verizon xv6800 with the Verizon ROM upgrade to WM 6.1 installed.

When I manually create full backups with Spb, the backup proceeds normally and successfully and the backup files are around 34 MB in size. I have tested the backups to make sure that I can restore from them and they restore just fine.

When I set up scheduled backups with Spb, at least 50% of the time the resulting backup file is only around 19MB in size and when I try to run the resulting backup it fails to run successfully, ending up with an error dialog after a while, with the message "File Corrupt".

Other relevant info: For the scheduled backups, I am creating encrypted backups that are self-installing .exe files. In the general program options, I have turned ON the option to enter the device's PIN after reboot.

Is anyone else seeing this on their xv6800, especially after upgrading one way or another to WM 6.1? If not, then it must be something specific to my device or setup, but if others have also run into it that would be useful to know.

- Tim

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan